Systolic Time Intervals: A Valuable Parameter of Thyroid Function
- ONE YEAR OF SODIUM DEXTROTHYROXINE THERAPY FOR HYPERCHOLESTEROLEMIA. Cohen, Burton M. // Angiology;Feb1962, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p69
Sodium dextrothyroxine, the sodium salt of the dextrorotatory isomer of thyroxine, was administered in daily oral doses ranging from 4 to 8 mg to 30 patients with hypercholesterolemic states for 52 weeks. A drop in serum cholesterol values was recorded in every patient, and averaged a reduction...
- Therapy effect on ejection fraction in patients with hypo- and hyperthyroidism. Surkovic, Ismana; Suljevic, Ismet; Kudumovic, Azra // HealthMed;Sep2010, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p610
No abstract available.
- Levothyroxine sodium. // Reactions Weekly;7/17/2010, Issue 1310, p31
The article describes the case of a preterm female neonate who presented with late-onset circulatory dysfunction while receiving levothyroxine sodium for hypothyroidism.
- Effect of Proton Pump Inhibitors on Serum Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone Level in Euthyroid Patients Treated with Levothyroxine for Hypothyroidism. Michael Aninyei; Francisca Wibowo; Garima Gupta // Endocrine Practice;Jul2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p345
Objective: To examine retrospectively the effect of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) on thyrotropin (thyroid-stimulating hormone or TSH) values in patients with hypothyroidism and normal TSH levels receiving levothyroxine (LT4) replacement therapy.Methods: The data collection was done by...
- Levothyroxine sodium. // Reactions Weekly;8/28/2010, Issue 1316, p30
The article describes the clinical cases of two preterm female neonates who developed late-onset circulatory collapse while receiving levothyroxine sodium [thyroxine, L-T4] for hypothyroidism.
- NEONATAL THYROID SCREENING IN A MILD IODINE DEFICIENCY ENDEMIC AREA IN IRAN. Najafi, Mohammad; Khodaee, Gholam Hossein; Bahari, Mohammad; Sabahi, Masoumeh; Farsi, Mostafa Mazlom; Kiani, Fatomeh // Indian Journal of Medical Sciences;Mar2008, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p113
BACKGROUND: Evaluated serum thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), as an early index for diagnosis of neonatal hypothyroidism, indicates insufficient supply of thyroid hormones. OBJECTIVE: The aim of the study was to estimate the incidence of neonatal hypothyroidism and assessment of iodine...
- Effect of TSH Suppression Therapy on levels of TSH, T4 and T3. Swathi, K.; Haseena, S.; Shaik, Hussain Saheb // Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p115
Objectives - To find the effect Of TSH suppression therapy on levels of TSH, T4 and T3 in hypothyroidism. Methods - The study comprised of 40 subjects, classified into 2 groups each, with 20 subjects. Group I -20 (Healthy individuals) controls aged between 20-45 years with euthyroid status....
- Effects of Thyroid Hormone on A1C and Glycated Albumin Levels in Nondiabetic Subjects With Overt Hypothyroidism. Kim, Mee Kyoung; Kwon, Hyuk Sang; Baek, Ki-Hyun; Lee, Je Hoon; Park, Woo Chan; Sohn, Hyung Sun; Lee, Kwang-Woo; Song, Ki-Ho // Diabetes Care;Dec2010, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p2546
OBJECTIVE-- We aimed to determine the effects of thyroid hormone on A1C and glycated albumin (GA) in nondiabetic patients with overt hypothyroidism. RESEARCH DESIGNANDMETHODS-- A1C levels were measured in 45 nondiabetic patients with overt hypothyroidism and 180 euthyroid control subjects. A1C,...
- Arrhythmogenic Effect of Sympathetic Histamine in Mouse Hearts Subjected to Acute Ischemia. Gonghao He; Jing Hu; Teng Li; Xue Ma; Jingru Meng; Min Jia; Jun Lu; Hiroshi Ohtsu; Zhong Chen; Xiaoxing Luo // Molecular Medicine;Jan2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
The role of histamine as a newly recognized sympathetic neurotransmitter has been presented previously, and its postsynaptic effects greatly depended on the activities of sympathetic nerves. Cardiac sympathetic nerves become overactivated under acute myocardial ischemic conditions and release...