A Double-blind Placebo Controlled Crossover Study in Patients With Peripheral Vascular Diseases, Using a New Capillary Viscometer
- The Apoprotein Pattern in Normolipemic Peripheral Vascular Disease. Siepi, Donatella; Pistola, Lorenza; Pasqualini, Leonella // Angiology;Jun1988, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p555
The relationship between peripheral vascular disease (PVD) and plasma apoproteins has still not been well defined. The lipid and apoprotein pattern of a group of 20 normolipemic patients affected by peripheral vascular disease has been compared with 20 healthy normolipemic subjects. Mean...
- CONTROLLED DEFIBRINATION IN THE TREATMENT OF PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISEASE. Dormandy, John A.; Reid, Harvey L. // Angiology;Jan1978, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p80
This article discusses controlled defibrination in the treatment of peripheral vascular disease. The two principal determinants of blood viscosity are the concentration of the red cells and the plasma fibrinogen. Therefore a reduction in blood viscosity could be expected from either hemodilution...
- Percutaneous Interventions for Lower Extremity Peripheral Vascular Disease. De Sanctis, Julia Tucker // American Family Physician;12/15/2001, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p1965
Peripheral vascular disease of the lower extremities is an important cause of morbidity that affects up to 10 million people in the United States. The primary care physician can easily identify patients who are at risk for the disease with a questionnaire and a relatively simple test--the ankle...
- CLINICAL ABSTRACTS: vascular disease. // Modern Medicine;Feb99, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p36
Presents several abstracts on vascular disease. `Vessel Size and Long-Term Outcome after Coronary Stent Placement,' by S. Elezi, A. Kastrati, F-J Neumann et al.; `Treating to Meet NCEP-Recommended LDL Cholesterol Concentrations with Atorvastatin, Fluvastatin, Lovastati, or Simvastatin in...
- Don't take leg pain lying down. // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar2000, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p230
Provides information on causes, symptoms and treatment for peripheral vascular disease (PVD). Blocking of leg arteries by cholesterol or calcium; Doctors' recommendation for patients to stop smoking and watch their diets; Lowering of cholesterol and blood pressure; Test to diagnose PVD.
- peripheral arterial disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1752
An encyclopedia entry for "peripheral arterial disease," is presented.
- peripheral vascular disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1752
An encyclopedia entry for "peripheral vascular disease," is presented.
- Prevalence and Risk Factors of Peripheral Vascular Disease in a Selected South Indian Population. Premalatha, Gopal; Shanthirani, Subramaniam; Deepa, Raj; Markovitz, Jerome; Moran, Viswanathan // Diabetes Care;Sep2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1295
Presents information on a study which determined the prevalence and risk factors of peripheral vascular disease among South Indians. Research design and methods; Results; Conclusions.
- THE APPLICATION OF A NEW ATRAUMATIC ISOTOPE LABELLING TECHNIQUE TO THE ASSESSMENT OF PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISEASE. Fox, M. J.; Milliken, J. C. // Angiology;May1972, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p241
The article describes a new technique for the atraumatic local labeling of digital skin with Xenon 133. Tourniquet studies show that the clearance curves obtained are blood flow dependent. This technique has the advantages of being simple to use, non-instrusive in application, safe for both...