Detection of Early Myocardial Infarction by Radioimmunoassay of Myoglobin
- Cardiac Biomarkers. Schreiber, Donald H.; Mattu, Amal // Practical Summaries in Acute Care;Aug2007, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p61
This article focuses on the clinical policy of the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) on the diagnosis and management of acute non-ST segment elevation acute myocardial infarction (nSTEMI). ACEP has three level B recommendations for ruling out nSTEMI, which are a single negative...
- Diagnosis of Acute Coronary Syndrome. Achar, Suraj A.; Kundu, Suriti; Norcross, William A. // American Family Physician;7/1/2005, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p119
The term "acute coronary syndrome" encompasses a range of thrombotic coronary artery diseases, including unstable angina and both ST-segment elevation and non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Diagnosis requires an electrocardiogram and a careful review for signs and symptoms of...
- Indicators of non-Q-wave acute myocardial infarction. // American Family Physician;9/15/1995, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p1188
Reports on a study published by Cannon and colleagues in the May 15, 1995 issue of the `American Journal of Cardiology' comparing clinical features and developing a prediction rule to assist in distinguishing between non-Q-wave myocardial infarction and unstable angina.
- Myocardial infarction: redefined or reinvented? Dargie, H. // Heart;Jul2002, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p1
Editorial. Explores the role of troponins in the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction. Risk stratification of the disease; Redefinition of myocardial infarction.
- Apical Balloon Syndrome (TAKO TSUBO STRESS CARDIOMYOPATHY) or Aborted Myocardial Infarction. Hanoman, H. H. // West Indian Medical Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p232
The article discusses the diagnosis of a 44-year old man with an aborted myocardial infarction.
- Changing the diagnostic criteria for myocardial infarction in patients with a suspected heart attack affects the measurement of 30 day mortality but not long term survival. Packham, C.; Gray, D.; Weston, C.; Large, A.; Silcocks, P.; Hampton, J. // Heart;Oct2002, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p337
Objectives: To explore the effects of alternative methods of defining myocardial infarction on the numbers and survival patterns of patients identified as having sustained a confirmed myocardial infarct. Design: An inclusive historical cohort of patients admitted with a suspected heart attack....
- Coronary Angioplasty for Acute Myocardial Infarction. Topol, Eric J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/15/88, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p970
Presents a study which examined the role of coronary angioplasty for acute myocardial infection. Historical background on the occurrence of acute coronary thrombosis; Factors associated with the pathology of the disease; Approaches for coronary angioplasty.
- Research Briefs - Estimates of MI risk. // GP: General Practitioner;3/25/2011, p10
The article focuses on the research report according to which a sensitive troponin test can be used for detecting an coronary syndrome Myocardial infarction (MI) risk in the patients in the Great Britain.
- Novel fusion of GLP-1 with a domain antibody to serum albumin prolongs protection against myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in the rat. Weike Bao; Lucy J Holt; Prince, Rob D.; Jones, Gavin X.; Aravindhan, Karpagam; Szapacs, Mathew; Barbour, April M.; Jolivette, Larry J.; Lepore, John J.; Willette, Robert N.; DeAngelis, Elena; Jucker, Beat M. // Cardiovascular Diabetology;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
Background Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and its mimetics reduce infarct size in the setting of acute myocardial ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury. However, the short serum half-life of GLP-1 and its mimetics may limit their therapeutic use in acute myocardial ischemia. Domain antibodies to...