ULTRASOUND AS AN AID IN THE DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF INTERMITTENT CLAUDICATION
- Parameniscal Cyst - A Rare Cause of Popliteal Artery Compression: Treatment with Ultrasound-guided Decompression. Botchu, R.; Shah, A.; Jakanani, G.; Esler, C. N.; Rennie, W. J. // West Indian Medical Journal;Mar2015, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p172
The article presents a case study of a 43-year old male who was diagnosed with parameniscal cyst in knee which can cause popliteal artery compression. Topics discussed include excision of the cyst with ultrasound-guided aspiration; history of the patient with knee pain and lump; diagnosis of...
- Changes of blood pressure and left ventricular mass in pediatric renal transplantation. Kitzmueller, Erwin; V�csei, Andreas; Pichler, Judith; B�hm, Michael; M�ller, Thomas; Vargha, Regina; Csaicsich, Dagmar; Aufricht, Christoph // Pediatric Nephrology;Dec2004, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p1385
Cardiovascular events are among the most frequent causes for long-term morbidity and mortality in children after renal transplantation. The aim of this study was to analyze the effects of post-transplant changes in arterial hypertension, as assessed by 24-h ambulatory blood pressure measurement...
- Estimation of cardiac output in a pharmacological trial using a simple method based on arterial blood pressure signal waveform: a comparison with pulmonary thermodilution and echocardiographic methods. Penttilä, Jani; Snapir, Amir; Kentala, Erkki; Koskenvuo, Juha; Posti, Jussi; Scheinin, Mika; Scheinin, Harry; Kuusela, Tom // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;Jun2006, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p401
Objective: Cardiac output (CO) has traditionally been measured using invasive techniques, which involve an element of risk. Thus, a reliable less-invasive method for determining CO would be very valuable for research use. We tested whether simple analysis of the arterial pulse waveform, not...
- Relations Between White Coat Effects and Left Ventricular Mass Index or Arterial Stiffness: Role of Nocturnal Blood Pressure Dipping. Maseko, Muzi J.; Woodiwiss, Angela J.; Libhaber, Carlos D.; Brooksbank, Richard; Majane, Olebogeng H.I.; Norton, Gavin R. // American Journal of Hypertension;Nov2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p1287
BACKGROUND Whether independent relationships between white coat effects (office minus day (office-day blood pressure (BP))) and organ damage or arterial stiffness may be explained by associations with an attenuated nocturnal BP dipping, has not been determined. METHODS In 750 participants from a...
- Potential Protective Effect of Long-Term Therapy with Xuezhikang on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function in Patients with Essential Hypertension. Ping Ye; Cai-e Wu; Li Sheng; Hui Li // Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine;Jul2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p719
Objective: To investigate the benefits of long-term therapy with Xuezhikang, a cholestin extract, in combination with calcium channel blockers for improvement of left ventricular (LV) hypertrophy and function in patients with essential hypertension, as determined using echocardiography. Design:...
- Editorial. Dixon, Anne-Marie; Williams, Helen // Ultrasound;2007, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p121
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Nicola Stephens and James Pilcher on ultrasound in the chest and another by Rosemary Lee and Brian Ellis on the challenges they encountered in setting up an ultrasound education program in Scotland.
- Price is right. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;04/14/97, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p74
Reports that diagnostic ultrasound makers in the United States are offering hospitals modestly priced imaging systems with features previously available on models costing twice as much. Why ultrasound vendor are offering more for less; Definition of ultrasound; Reference to the cost of the machines.
- A-scan code can be complicated. Manopoli, Vincent; Rizzo, Liz // Ophthalmology Times;3/25/96, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p14
Presents answers to queries concerning the A-scan, an ultrasonic diagnostic measurement procedure that produces a one-dimensional picture. Queries on code 76516; Queries on how to bill 76519; Queries on the need to indicate the purchase of a service.
- Ultrasound of Acute Appendicitis. // Pediatric Emergency Medicine Reports;Nov2011 Supplement, p1
An ultrasound image of acute appendicitis is presented.