Effect of Manual Lymphdrainage Massage on Blood Components and Urinary Neurogormones in Chronic Lymphedema
- ECF. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p717
A reference entry for the medical acronym "ECF," which means extracellular fluid, is presented.
- humor. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1098
A definition of the medical term "humor," which refers to any fluid or semifluid in the body, is presented.
- microstreaming. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1467
A definition of the term "microstreaming," which refers to interstitial fluid flow, is presented.
- inÂ·terÂ·celÂ·luÂ·lar. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p183
A definition of the term "intercellular" is presented. It means located between or among cells: intercellular fluid.
- THE RENAL REGULATION OF THE EXTRACELLULAR IONIC PATTERN DURING HYPERVENTILATION. McDonald, I. R.; Coats, D. A.; Munro, J. // Australian Journal of Experimental Biology & Medical Science;Oct1953, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p425
Hyperventilation in human subjects was produced by passive respiration for a period of three to four hours. This caused the blood pH to rise, the extracellular bicarbonate concentration to fall, and the extracellular chloride concentration to rise both absolutely and in relation to the total...
- Renal Regulation of Extracellular Fluid Volume and Osmolality. // Nephrology Nursing Journal;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p405
Presents an examination on renal regulation of extracellular fluid volume and osmolality.
- The Lymphatic System. Klotter, Jule // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;Jul2005, Issue 264, p15
Discusses the role of lymphatic system in removing cellular waste and pathogens from the body. Circulation of fluid; Collecting interstitial fluid and blood plasma that has squeezed through capillaries into the tissues; Transporting cellular wastes, fats, proteins, immune system agents and other...
- Giant tumefactive perivascular spaces that expanded and became symptomatic 14 years after initial surgery. Fujimoto, Kenji; Kuroda, Jun-ichiro; Hide, Takuichiro; Hasegawa, Yu; Yano, Shigetoshi; Kuratsu, Jun-ichi // Surgical Neurology International;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p693
Background: Perivascular spaces (PVSs) or Virchow-Robin spaces in the brain are pial-lined interstitial fluid (ISF)-filled structures surrounding the penetrating arteries and arterioles. These spaces appear as 1- to 2-mm in diameter, round, oval, or curvilinear smooth-walled structures on...
- Norepinephrine and vital organ blood flow. Di Giantomasso, David; May, Clive N.; Bellomo, Rinaldo // Intensive Care Medicine;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p1804
Objective. To test whether norepinephrine (NE) infusion at 0.4 Âµg kgâ€“1 minâ€“1 adversely affects regional blood flow in the normal mammalian circulation. Design and setting. Randomized cross-over experimental animal study in a university-affiliated physiology institute. Subjects....