Electrical and optical properties of dense composites
- Modulated optical transmission of subwavelength hole arrays in metal-VO2 films. Suh, J. Y.; Donev, E. U.; Lopez, R.; Feldman, L. C.; Haglund Jr., R. F. // Applied Physics Letters;3/27/2006, Vol. 88 Issue 13, p133115
We demonstrate the modulation of the transmission of near-infrared light through a periodic array of subwavelength apertures in Ag�VO2 and Au�VO2 double-layer films using the semiconductor-to-metal phase transition in VO2. The transmitted intensity ratio increases by a factor of 8 as the VO2...
- Absorption spectra and electronic structure of PrBa2Cu3Oy. Kakinuma, K.; Fueki, K.; Takahashi, H.; Pittini, R.; Sata, N.; Ishigame, M.; Ikezawa, M. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/15/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p4436
Provides information on an experimental study of measurements of the optical transmission from high oriented PrBa2Cu3Oy films for oxygen contents between y = 6.3 and 6.9 at room temperature in the range from 0.2 to 3.5 eV. Methodology used to conduct the experiment; Information on the optical...
- Observation of resonant optical-phonon assisted tunneling in asymmetric double quantum wells. Ozaki, Shunji; Feng, Jie Ming; Park, Jae Hyun; Osako, Shin-ichi; Kubo, Hitoshi; Morifuji, Masato; Mori, Nobuya; Hamaguchi, Chihiro // Journal of Applied Physics;1/15/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p962
Focuses on the observation of resonant optical-phonon assisted tunneling in asymmetric double quantum wells. Information on the use of asymmetric double quantum wells for investigating the electron tunneling; Discussion on the Pl intensity ratio between the narrow and wide quantum wells;...
- Erratum: 'Enhanced directional optical transmission' [Appl. Phys. Lett. 93, 043114 (2008)]. Dobrzynski, L.; Akjouj, A. // Applied Physics Letters;10/1/2012, Vol. 101 Issue 14, p149901
A correction to the article "Enhanced directional optical transmission" that was published in the 2008 issue is presented.
- An interferometric device to measure the mechanical transfer function of the VIRGO mirrors suspensions Calloni, E.; Di Fiore, L.; Grado, A.; Milano, L. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Apr98, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p1882
Presents an interferometric device for measuring the mechanical transfer function of the VIRGO mirror suspensions. Operational principle; Design of servoloops for automating alignment and locking of gravitational wave detectors; Features of the device.
- Overhead implementation alternatives. Eaves, John // Lightwave;Feb99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p26
Discusses the major activities undertaken to define the characteristics of the future optical transport network (OTN). Completion of the test of a draft recommendation on OTN architectural concepts; Draft recommendations for the implementation aspects of OTN; Interrelated draft recommendations...
- Light scattering by liquid crystals in columnar micropores. Saito, M.; Nakamura, S.; Miyagi, M. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/1/1994, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p4744
Provides information on a study which examined the optical transmittances of anodic alumina films which contain nematic liquid crystals in columnar pores. Methods; Results; Conclusion.
- The modeling and the optimization of a grating optical low-pass filter. Go, C.-S.; Lim, S.; Kim, S.; Lee, J.-C.; Oh, Y.-H. // Applied Physics B: Lasers & Optics;2001, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p721
Through the one-dimensional analysis of the diffraction of a phase grating, we calculated the optical transfer function (OTF) of a phase grating. By a 0th-order approximation of the optical transfer function, we analyzed the feasibility of using it as a spatial frequency filter and obtained the...
- Interference-Pattern Image Formation in an Optical System with a Random Phase Screen in the Space�Frequency Plane. Ryabukho, V. P.; Chausskii, A. A.; Perepelitsina, O. A. // Optics & Spectroscopy;Feb2002, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p191
The process of interference-pattern image formation in an optical system with a random phase screen in the space-frequency plane is analyzed. It is shown that an optical system of this kind can function, under certain conditions, as a shearing interferometer, which determines the dependence of...