MANAGEMENT OF VASCULAR HEADACHE
- Cervicogenic Headache: Practical Approaches to Therapy. Martelletti, Paulo; van Suijlekom, Hans // CNS Drugs;2004, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p793
Cervicogenic headache is a relatively common and still controversial form of headache arising from structures in the neck. The estimated prevalence of the disorder varies considerably, ranging from 0.7% to 13.8%. Cervicogenic headache is a â€˜side-lockedâ€™ or unilateral fixed headache...
- Chapter 12: Secondary types of headache. // Mayo Clinic on Headache;2005, p131
This chapter describes the nature of secondary headaches. Headaches that are a result of an underlying condition are called secondary headaches. There are many causes of secondary headache, including sinusitis, head trauma and metabolic disorders. Secondary headaches can mimic the steady ache of...
- Using Migraine Prophylaxis in Adult Patients. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;6/15/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p2441
Presents information on a study by D. Parsekyan that reviewed articles and studies of prophylactic drugs and other measures used to prevent the onset of migraine headaches. Description of the study and its results; Choices for the treatment of migraine headaches; Nonpharmacologic measures to...
- The pain that just keeps coming back. Wenzel, Rich // Pharmacy Today;Oct2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
Provides information about chronic daily headache (CDH). Evolution of CDH from episodic migraine or tension headaches; Treatment of CDH; Benefits of prophylactic therapy to CDH.
- HEADACHE HANDBOOK. // Essence (Time Inc.);Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p81
Discusses several ways to treat different types of headache. Causes of tension headaches; Appropriate treatment for migraines; Description of sinus headaches. INSETS: Stop a Headache Before It Starts;Food hazards.
- Tension-type headache. Harwood, Rosemary; Gianakos, Dean G. // Patient Care;Oct2004, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p14
Discusses a case of tension-type headache in a 26-year-old female smoker. Treatment for tension-type headache; List of nonpharmacologic therapies for the disease.
- Cost effectiveness analysis of a randomised trial of acupuncture for chronic headache in primary care. Wonderling, David; Vickers, Andrew J.; Grieve, Richard; McCarney, Rob // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/27/2004, Vol. 328 Issue 7442, p747
Objective To evaluate the cost effectiveness of acupuncture in the management of chronic headache. Design Cost effectiveness analysis of a randomised controlled trial. Setting General practices in England and Wales. Participants 401 patients with chronic headache, predominantly migraine. ...
- Common Problems: Headache. // Mayo Clinic Guide to Self-Care;2005, p82
Presents health care tips for people with headache. Types of headache; Self-care tips for recurrent headaches, migraine and tension-type headaches; Conditions in which medical help is necessary.
- Headache Helpers. Lad, Vasant // Yoga + Joyful Living;Sep/Oct2007, Issue 97, p16
This article discusses the three classifications of headache and its natural ayurvedic remedies. Ayurveda categorizes many headaches according to which subtle energy principle or "dosha" is out of balance in your body-mind. The classification includes "vata" headache, "pitta" headache, and...