THE ROLE OF THE LEFT VENTRICLE IN THE SURGICAL MANAGEMENT OF AORTIC STENOSIS
- A historical overview of the left ventricular reconstruction. Suma, H. // Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery;2013, Vol. 8 Issue Suppl 1, p1
An abstract of the article "A historical overview of the left ventricular reconstruction" by H. Suma is presented.
- Left ventricle restoration in end stage ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy. Jonjev, Z. // Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery;2013, Vol. 8 Issue Suppl 1, p1
An abstract of the article "Left ventricle restoration in end stage ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy" by Z. Jonjev is presented.
- Late aorto-left ventricular fistula following aortic valve replacement for infective endocarditis. Matsushita, Tsutomu; Masuda, Shinsuke; Hayashida, Kyoko; Ooe, Kentaro // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Oct2014, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p754
Images of three-dimensional reconstructed image showing late aorto-left ventricular fistula of a case of a 63-year-old female following aortic valve replacement due to infective endocarditis are presented.
- Differential regulation of MMP-2, TIMP-2 and IL-6 in valve replacement versus CABG patients. Watanabe, Masazumi; Hasegawa, Satoru; Ohshima, Nagahisa; Tanaka, Hiroyuki; Sakamoto, Tohru; Sunamori, Makoto // Perfusion;Nov2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p435
Background: Extracellular matrix degradation may play an important role in left ventricular (LV) remodeling. It has been reported that matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) is activated under mechanical stress conditions. Therefore, we examined the release of MMP-2, its inhibitor and interleukin-6...
- Circumferential Intimal Flap Prolapsing into the Left Ventricle. Almassi, G. Hossein // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2008, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p227
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Circumferential Intimal Flap Prolapsing Into the Left Ventricle," by E. Oguz et. al, in the 2007 issue of the "Texas Heart Institute Journal."
- Circumferential Intimal Flap Prolapsing into the Left Ventricle. Apaydin, Anil Z. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2008, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p228
A response by Anil Z. Apaydin to a letter to the editor about his article "Circumferential Intimal Flap Prolapsing Into the Left Ventricle" in the 2007 issue of the "Texas Heart Institute Journal" is presented.
- Dynamic geometry of the left ventricular outflow tract of pigs with induced supravalvular aortic stenosis. Lass, Thomas; Møller-Madsen, Maria Kirstine; Nielsen, Hans Henrik Møller; Ringgaard, Steffen; Hasenkam, John Michael // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Oct2012, Vol. 42 Issue 4, pe80
OBJECTIVES Detailed information about the dynamic geometry of the left ventricular outflow tract (LVOT) is of great importance for transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI), since these valves utilize the LVOT as a landing zone for optimum placement and fixation. The LVOT is generally...
- Long-term follow-up of arterial switch operation with an emphasis on function and dimensions of left ventricle and aorta Vandekerckhove, Kristof D.H.M.; Blom, Nico A.; Lalezari, Shirin; Koolbergen, Dave R.; Rijlaarsdam, Marry E.B.; Hazekamp, Mark G. // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p582
Abstract: Objective: To analyze size and function of aortic root and left ventricle as well as quality of life in patients 20 years after arterial switch procedure. Methods: Thirty-nine patients who underwent arterial switch operation between 1977 and 1989 were examined. Perioperative and...
- Left atrial remodelling in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve implantation: a speckle-tracking prospective, longitudinal study. D’Ascenzi, Flavio; Cameli, Matteo; Henein, Michael; Iadanza, Alessandro; Reccia, Rosanna; Lisi, Matteo; Curci, Valeria; Sinicropi, Giuseppe; Torrisi, Andrea; Pierli, Carlo; Mondillo, Sergio // International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging;Dec2013, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p1717
Aortic stenosis (AS) results in several left ventricular (LV) disturbances as well as progressive left atrial (LA) enlargement and dysfunction. Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) reverses LV remodelling and improves overall systolic function but its effect on LA function remains...