CLINICAL EXPERIENCES WITH FIBRINOLYSIN
- THE TREATMENT OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM WITH FIBRINOLYSIN. Sheffer, Albert L.; Israel, Harold L. // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p292
An attempt has been made to evaluate fibrinolysin in 33 patients treated for pulmonary embolism or related thrombolic diseases. Six cases of pulmonary embolism are presented in detail. The results suggest that fibrinolysin by itself may not be effective in preventing recurrent embolism. However,...
- TWO CASES OF MASSIVE EDEMA OF THE LEG TREATED WITH FIBRINOLYSIN. Stewart, Charles F. // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p299
Two eases of acute, severe iliofemoral phlebitis have been presented with remarkable improvement from fibrinolysin treatment in one case and a qualified success in the second. Fibrinolysin is considered to be a most promising drug in the treatment of venous thrombotic disease.
- CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS IN THE TREATMENT OF PHLEBOTHROMBOSIS WITH FIBRINOLYSIN. Carroll, Bruce J. // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p308
1. Fibrinolysin has been used in 82 patients without any deleterious occurrences. 2. An excellent response with appreciable shortening of hospital stay was obtained in 60 patients. A good response was obtained in 19 patients. Three patients had a poor response which might be attributed to a...
- CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS IN THROMBOEMBOLIC DISEASE TREATED WITH FIBRINOLYSIN. Moser, Kenneth M. // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p319
Describes experiences in the treatment of venous and arterial thrombotic disease using fibrinolysin. Ability of the anticoagulant drugs to provide a satisfactory degree of protection against the development of thrombosis; Factors determining response to fibrinolysin; Dependency of the therapy...
- U.K. Controlled Trial of Intrapleural Streptokinase for Pleural Infection. Maskell, Nicholas A.; Davies, Christopher W.H.; Nunn, Andrew J.; Hedley, Emma L.; Gleeson, Fergus V.; Miller, Robert; Gabe, Rhian; Rees, Glyn L.; Peto, Timothy E.A.; Woodhead, Mark A.; Lane, Donald J.; Darbyshire, Janet H.; Davies, Robert J.O. // New England Journal of Medicine;3/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 9, p865
Background: Intrapleural fibrinolytic agents are used in the drainage of infected pleural-fluid collections. This use is based on small trials that did not have the statistical power to evaluate accurately important clinical outcomes, including safety. We conducted a trial to clarify the...
- plasmin. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1801
A definition of the term "plasmin," which refers to a type of fibronolytic enzyme, is presented.
- Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor Release Induced by Defibrotide and Heparins. Cella, Giuseppe; Sbarai, Alessandra; Mazzaro, Gabriella; Motta, Giovanna; Carraro, Paolo; Andreozzi, Giuseppe M.; Hoppensteadt, Debra A.; Fareed, Jawed // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Jul2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p225
We evaluated the release of tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) induced by defibrotide (DF), a single-stranded, negatively charged polydeoxyribonucleotide extracted from mammalian organ. Ten normal volunteers were injected with an intravenous bolus of 400 mg DF and 2.000 IU unfractionated...
- CLINICAL EXPERIENCES WITH FIBRINOLYSIN THERAPY. Evans, James A.; Smedal, Magnus I. // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p311
Describes conditions of patients treated with fibrinolysin. Observations on patients with thrombophlebitis of the arm after radical mastectomy; Outcome of fibrinolysin treatment for postmastectomy thrombophlebitis of the arm; Efficacy of fibrinolysin on patients with different cases of thrombosis.
- CONSULT STAT. // RN;Jun2002, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p76
Presents a question and answer advisory on clinical medicine. Efficacy if thrombolytics during cardiopulmonary resuscitation; Price of a therapeutic footwear for diabetics; Use of antibiotics for the treatment of coronary artery disease.