TWO CASES OF MASSIVE EDEMA OF THE LEG TREATED WITH FIBRINOLYSIN
- THE TREATMENT OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM WITH FIBRINOLYSIN. Sheffer, Albert L.; Israel, Harold L. // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p292
An attempt has been made to evaluate fibrinolysin in 33 patients treated for pulmonary embolism or related thrombolic diseases. Six cases of pulmonary embolism are presented in detail. The results suggest that fibrinolysin by itself may not be effective in preventing recurrent embolism. However,...
- CLINICAL EXPERIENCES WITH FIBRINOLYSIN. Roberts, Brooke; Thompson, Stanley // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p302
Discusses the clinical and experimental studies on the use of fibrinolysin. Effect of fibrinolysin on blood pressure; Details on the systemic use of fibrinolysin; Therapeutic effectiveness of the drug.
- CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS IN THROMBOEMBOLIC DISEASE TREATED WITH FIBRINOLYSIN. Moser, Kenneth M. // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p319
Describes experiences in the treatment of venous and arterial thrombotic disease using fibrinolysin. Ability of the anticoagulant drugs to provide a satisfactory degree of protection against the development of thrombosis; Factors determining response to fibrinolysin; Dependency of the therapy...
- CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS IN THE TREATMENT OF PHLEBOTHROMBOSIS WITH FIBRINOLYSIN. Carroll, Bruce J. // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p308
1. Fibrinolysin has been used in 82 patients without any deleterious occurrences. 2. An excellent response with appreciable shortening of hospital stay was obtained in 60 patients. A good response was obtained in 19 patients. Three patients had a poor response which might be attributed to a...
- plasmin. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1801
A definition of the term "plasmin," which refers to a type of fibronolytic enzyme, is presented.
- CLINICAL EXPERIENCES WITH FIBRINOLYSIN THERAPY. Evans, James A.; Smedal, Magnus I. // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p311
Describes conditions of patients treated with fibrinolysin. Observations on patients with thrombophlebitis of the arm after radical mastectomy; Outcome of fibrinolysin treatment for postmastectomy thrombophlebitis of the arm; Efficacy of fibrinolysin on patients with different cases of thrombosis.
- CONSULT STAT. // RN;Jun2002, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p76
Presents a question and answer advisory on clinical medicine. Efficacy if thrombolytics during cardiopulmonary resuscitation; Price of a therapeutic footwear for diabetics; Use of antibiotics for the treatment of coronary artery disease.
- OTHER NEWS TO NOTE. // BioWorld Today;3/19/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 54, p2
The article reports that the results presented by Biolex Therapeutics Inc. have demonstrated that the thrombolytic activity of the company's full-length recombinant plasmin, BLX-155, was superior to t-PA in a preclinical study. The pigs used in the study were induced with clots and received...
- U.K. Controlled Trial of Intrapleural Streptokinase for Pleural Infection. Maskell, Nicholas A.; Davies, Christopher W.H.; Nunn, Andrew J.; Hedley, Emma L.; Gleeson, Fergus V.; Miller, Robert; Gabe, Rhian; Rees, Glyn L.; Peto, Timothy E.A.; Woodhead, Mark A.; Lane, Donald J.; Darbyshire, Janet H.; Davies, Robert J.O. // New England Journal of Medicine;3/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 9, p865
Background: Intrapleural fibrinolytic agents are used in the drainage of infected pleural-fluid collections. This use is based on small trials that did not have the statistical power to evaluate accurately important clinical outcomes, including safety. We conducted a trial to clarify the...