THE TREATMENT OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM WITH FIBRINOLYSIN
- Clot Busters Cut Embolism Mortality By Almost Half. Goth, Greg // Healthdatamanagement.com;6/20/2014, p3
The article discusses a study on the association of adding thrombolytics to conventional approaches when treating pulmonary embolism with a decrease in mortality.
- FIBRINOLYSIN THERAPY OF THROMBOEMBOLISM: THREE YEARS' EXPERIENCE. Sheffer, Albert L.; Lisker, Samuel; Nemir Jr., Paul // Angiology;May1961, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p165
The clinical evaluation of 67 patients treated with fibrinolysin is presented. Thirty-three cases reported previously are added for follow-up purposes. Thrombophlebitis, pulmonary embolism, vascular surgery and ophthalmologic experience are described. There are a few encouraging examples in each...
- THROMBOLYSIN TREATMENT OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM FOLLOWING SURGERY. Mazel, M. S.; Bolton, Houck E.; Riera, Rogelio // Angiology;Apr1964, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p171
Two cases are reported in which a fibrinolytic agent was used shortly after major surgery. In both cases respiratory difficulty and cyanosis developed following surgery, but responded to the fibrinolytic drug. The patients improved rapidly with no apparent hemorrhage, even from the recent...
- TWO CASES OF MASSIVE EDEMA OF THE LEG TREATED WITH FIBRINOLYSIN. Stewart, Charles F. // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p299
Two eases of acute, severe iliofemoral phlebitis have been presented with remarkable improvement from fibrinolysin treatment in one case and a qualified success in the second. Fibrinolysin is considered to be a most promising drug in the treatment of venous thrombotic disease.
- CLINICAL EXPERIENCES WITH FIBRINOLYSIN. Roberts, Brooke; Thompson, Stanley // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p302
Discusses the clinical and experimental studies on the use of fibrinolysin. Effect of fibrinolysin on blood pressure; Details on the systemic use of fibrinolysin; Therapeutic effectiveness of the drug.
- CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS IN THROMBOEMBOLIC DISEASE TREATED WITH FIBRINOLYSIN. Moser, Kenneth M. // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p319
Describes experiences in the treatment of venous and arterial thrombotic disease using fibrinolysin. Ability of the anticoagulant drugs to provide a satisfactory degree of protection against the development of thrombosis; Factors determining response to fibrinolysin; Dependency of the therapy...
- CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS IN THE TREATMENT OF PHLEBOTHROMBOSIS WITH FIBRINOLYSIN. Carroll, Bruce J. // Angiology;Aug1959 Part 2, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p308
1. Fibrinolysin has been used in 82 patients without any deleterious occurrences. 2. An excellent response with appreciable shortening of hospital stay was obtained in 60 patients. A good response was obtained in 19 patients. Three patients had a poor response which might be attributed to a...
- Acute Venous Thromboembolism and Return to Intercollegiate Athletics: A Case Review. Newsham, Katherine R.; Cobb, Melissa; Bayes, Matthew // International Journal of Athletic Therapy & Training;Jul2014, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p22
The article present a case study of a 20-year-old female softball player that was admitted to the emergency department due to the acute shortness of breath and severe chest pain. The computed tomography of her chest was done which shows extensive pulmonary emboli and she was treated with...
- THROMBOLYTIC THERAPY FOR PULMONARY EMBOLISM. Katchan, Brian M. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Dec2000, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p411
Discusses the treatment of acute pulmonary embolism using thrombolytic therapy. Evidence on the effectiveness of thrombolytic agents to dissolve blood clot than heparin; Risk of major hemorrhage related to the use of thrombolytic agents; Acute right ventricular dysfunction as an indication for...