CLOTH WRAPPING OF UNFAVORABLE ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURYSMS
- DISCUSSION. Comerota, Anthony J. // Vascular Surgery;Jul/Aug1998, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p352
The article presents the author's comments on the research conducted by Marek Gacko and colleagues entitled "Activity of Exoglycosidases in the Aneurysmal Aortic Wall," which focuses on the role of proteoglycans in the mechanical properties of the arterial wall. In his view, the research offers...
- Tips for GP trainees working in vascular surgery. Smith, Laura; Cruickshank, Ross; Beattie, David; Burkes, Matthew // British Journal of General Practice;Feb2014, Vol. 64 Issue 619, p109
The article presents tips for trainee General Practitioners (GPs) working in vascular surgery. It discusses risk factors for vascular disease and how those can be addressed. It is suggested to revise vascular examination and ankle-brachial pressure index (ABPI) procedure and interpretation in a...
- Tratamiento de fÃstulas arteriovenosas traumÃ¡ticas en niÃ±os. AnÃ¡lisis de tres casos. Medina-Andrade, Miguel Angel; Gallardo-Meza, Antonio Francisco; Piña-Garay, Miguel Ángel; González-Sánchez, José Manuel // Acta Pediatrica de Mexico;nov/dic2010, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p2878
No abstract available.
- Contrasting epidemiology of aortic aneurysm and peripheral vascular disease in England and Wales. Coggon, David; Winter, Paul // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/13/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7036, p948
Compares the epidemiology of aortic aneurysm and peripheral vascular disease in England and Wales. Distribution of mortality; Analysis of data on the deaths of people aged 20-74; Causes of aortic aneurysm.
- Syncopal Attacks and Severe Abdominal Pain. AlWahaibi, Khalifa N.; Al-Azri, Faisal H. // Oman Medical Journal;Oct2010, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p318
A quiz concerning the diagnosis and treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm rupture.
- Commentary: Vascular lessons. Baird, Roger N. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/20/2006, Vol. 332 Issue 7551, p1200
The article focuses on the case of a male patient with an abdominal aortic aneurysm. The author notes the surgical risks involved in operating aneurysms. Furthermore, the author emphasizes the importance of urologists and vascular surgeons to work closely together and maintain good...
- A Rare Complication After Endovascular Aneurysm Repair: Disconnection of the Suprarenal Stent of a Zenith Endograft. Torres-Blanco, Álvaro; Molina-Nácher, Vicente; Sala-Almonacil, Vicente; Ortiz-Monzón, Eduardo // Journal of Endovascular Therapy (Sage Publications Inc.);Apr2016, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p307
Purpose:To report a disconnection between the bare suprarenal stent and the main body of a Zenith endograft. Case Report:A 79-year-old man with a history of successful endovascular repair of an aortic aneurysm presented a sudden episode of hypotension and hematuria. He...
- PARAPLEGIA FOLLOWING RESECTION OF AN ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURYSM. Reich, Marshall P. // Vascular Surgery;Dec1968, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p230
A 71-year-old patient underwent elective resection of an abdominal aortic aneurysm. Preoperative laboratory data indicated mild chronic renal insufficiency. Postoperatively, he was paraplegic and had markedly decreased renal function, and died on the 21st postoperative day of septic...
- LES EFFETS STRTJCTURAUX DE CERTAINS ENZYMES (ELASTASE, LIPASE, MUCOPOLYSACCHARIDASE) STJR LA MÃ‰DIA-AOR- TIQUE DU LAPIN, COMPARÃ‰S Ã€ CEUX D'AUTRES MODES D'AGRESSION. Fontaine, René; Bolack, Claude; Mack, Gérard; Ceylan, Ibrahim // Vascular Surgery;Mar1969, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p42
No abstract available.