THE MICROCIRCULATION OF THE TRACHEAL MUCOSA
- MICROCIRCULATORY STUDIES IN MAN BY HIGH RESOLUTION VITAL MICROSCOPY. Br�nemark, P.-I.; Aspegren, K.; Breine, U. // Angiology;Aug1964, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p329
A method is described for high power, high resolution, microscopic observation of trans-illuminated human capillaries in vivo.
- Orthogonal polarization spectral imaging: A new method for study of the microcirculation. Groner, Warren; Winkelman, James W.; Harris, Anthony G.; Ince, Can; Bouma, Gerrit J.; Messmer, Konrad; Nadeau, Richard G. // Nature Medicine;Oct99, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p1209
Examines the use of orthogonal polarization spectral (OPS) imaging to study the human microcirculation system. Description of the procedure; Comparison of OPS imaging with in vitro intravital microscopy; Quantitative determination of optical density.
- Cardarelli's sign. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p366
An encyclopedia entry for "Cardarelli's sign," which refers to the pulsating trachea movement to one side is presented.
- trachea. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2345
A definition of the term "trachea," which refers to the portion of the respiratory tract that carries air through the neck and upper chest, is presented.
- tracheal. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2346
A definition of the term "tracheal," which pertains to the trachea, is presented.
- tracheal tugging. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2346
A definition of the term "tracheal tugging," which refers to a slight downward movement of the trachea with each inspiratory effort, is presented.
- HEALING PROLIFERATION: A NEW MICROCIRCULATION CONCEPT. Demis, D. J.; Galakatos, E. // Angiology;Aug1967, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p498
The response of the microcirculation of the skin and other tissues of the rats to burns is described. The microcirculatory changes were studied with both capillary microscopy and three-dimensional silicone rubber casts. An apparently hithertofore unrecognized change which characteristically...
- Kapilaroskopowa ocena zmian naczyniowych w Å‚uszczycy zwyczajnej i stawowej. Bartosińska, Joanna; Chodorowska, Grażyna; Borowiec, Maria Juszkiewkz; Wawrzynki, Bartłomiej; Chodorowski, Jakub; Michalak-Stoma, Anna // Clinical Dermatology / Dermatologia Kliniczna;2010, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p85
Background: In the process of psoriatic plaque formation numerous morphological and functional abnormalities, including microvascular changes, are observed. Similar vascular abnormalities occur within the synovial membrane of patients with psoriatic arthritis. Capillaroscopy is a diagnostic...
- PET/CT imaging: Effect of respiratory motion on apparent myocardial uptake Le Meunier, Ludovic; Maass-Moreno, Roberto; Carrasquillo, Jorge A.; Dieckmann, William; Bacharach, Stephen L. // Journal of Nuclear Cardiology;Nov2006, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p821
Background: Positron emission tomography (PET) attenuation correction (AC) using computed tomography (CT) can be affected by respiratory motion: hi-speed CT captures 1 point of the respiratory cycle while PET emission data averages many cycles. We quantified the changes in apparent myocardial...