CDOs: The New Real Estate Play
- Diversifying out of HEL? Not yet. Gregory, Michael // Asset Securitization Report;12/3/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 46, pN.PAG
Reports on activity in the market for monoline wrapped home-equity term deals in the U.S. as of December 2001. Credit concerns and desire for liquidity in the market; Activity in home equity and other traditional asset-backed securities sector.
- 'HE Issuance Strong But Slower' Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;6/6/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p19
Reports that home-equity loan asset-backed securities (ABS) issuance has remained stronger than expected in 2005 but it is moving at a slower pace than 2004. Statement of Anthony Thompson, managing director, head of U.S. ABS and global collateralized debt obligation research at Deutsche Bank;...
- Salomon ABS Downgrade by Fitch Ratings. // National Mortgage News;9/13/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p21
This article reports that two classes of Salomon Home Equity Loan Trust asset-backed pass-through certificates, series 2001 group 1, have been downgraded by Fitch Ratings. Class MF-2 was downgraded from A to BBB-minus, and class MF-3 was downgraded from BB to CC. Fitch also affirmed the ratings...
- Amid rally, Street still likes five-year HEL. // Asset Securitization Report;3/22/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the debate as to whether any potential extension risk caused by the cheapness in five-year fixed-rate home equity that asset-backed securities has narrowed early in 2004 is worth the spread pickup. Reasons behind the persistent wide spreads; RBS Greenwich Capital head, Peter...
- XLCA moves into HELOC sector. K.D. // Asset Securitization Report;11/15/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 44, p1
Reports that monoline surety provider XLCA has wrapped its home equity line of credit offering in the asset-backed securities market in United States. Transactions closed by XLCA in the subprime automobile sector; XLCA's use of HELOC to wrap prime assets; Performance of XLCA's HELOC.
- Fixed rates lure borrowers to closed-end second-lien loans and away from HELOCs. Glehan, David; Hopkins, Amanda // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the continued growth of the close-end second (CES) lien securitization market in the U.S. The market growth offsets the trend of borrowers retreating from home equity line of credit (HELOC). It has been reported that originators have reduced underwriting requirements to...
- Merrill Says It's Ready: For a Big ABS Comeback. Gregory, Michael; O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/07/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 27, p6
Focuses on the possibility of improvement in the performance of financial company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in asset banking securities (ABS). Improvement shown by Merrill in home equity loan securitization in the year 2003; Merrill's optimism in collateralized debt obligation activity during...
- Post-holiday supply led by Citibank, Sallie Mae & MBNA: Mostly off-the-run names seen. Donovan, Kevin // Asset Securitization Report;12/3/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 46, pN.PAG
Reports on new-supply asset securitizations in the U.S. during the week following Thanksgiving 2001. Volume from off-the-run issuers; Activity in the secondary market; Deals in the credit card sector; Transactions in the home equity loans sector.
- As promised, Household steps up home equity securitization plans. Donovan, Kevin // Asset Securitization Report;3/11/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 10, pN.PAG
Reports on Household Finance's $1 billion home equity paper issue in March 2002. Concerns of rating agencies on the company's financial outlook; Household's plans to beef up its reliance on securitization as a funding alternative; Household's asset-backed securities issuance in 2001.