A METHOD OF HIGH SPEED IN VIVO PULMONARY MICROCINEMATOGRAPHY UNDER PHYSIOLOGIC CONDITIONS
- A METHOD OF STUDYING THE LIVING LUNG IN THE CLOSED THORAX, AND SOME PRELIMINARY OBSERVATIONS. Krahl, Vernon E. // Angiology;Apr1963, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p149
1. Some of the limitations of observations made upon fixed and stained sections of lung tissue are mentioned. 2. The need for studies on the living lung in the closed thorax is stressed and a method for making such observations is described. 3. Excursions of the caudal margin of the rabbit's...
- Pneumatosis cystoides intestinalis coli. Theisen, J.; Juhnke, P.; Stein, H.J.; Siewert, J.R. // Surgical Endoscopy;Jan2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p157
The rare case of a 63-year-old male diagnosed with pneumatosis cystoides intestinalis coli is presented and discussed. The patient was found to have an unsymptomatic pneumoperitoneum on plain chest x-ray. The results of a contrast enema, computed tomography scan, and laparoscopy are presented....
- Nonintubated Videothoracoscopic Operations in Thoracic Oncology. Mineo, Tommaso C.; Tacconi, Federico // Jurnalul de Chirurgie;2014, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p22
Background: Despite general anesthesia with one-lung ventilation represents the standard to perform thoracic surgery operations, there is an increasing interest toward alternative methods, such as the use of local or neuroaxial analgesia alone in fully alert or mildly sedated patients. These can...
- apical heave. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p162
An encyclopedia entry for "apical heave" which refers to visible heaving of the chest is presented.
- Electrophysiological interventions without using femoral approach without using femoral approach. Ortiz-Ávalos, Martín; Rodríguez-Diez, Gerardo; Cortés, Mauricio; Alcántara-Meléndez, Marco; Robledo-Nolasco, Rogelio // Turk Toraks Dergisi / Turkish Thoracic Journal;Apr2015, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p231
The article discusses the use of alternative vascular (AV) accesses instead of the usual femoral approach with new technical improvements like AV nodal re-entry tachycardia (AVNRT) ablation. It mentions the few communications reporting subclavian or yugular accesses to conduct anteroseptal right...
- Pericardial and Diaphragmatic Greft Infection Treated by Eloesser Flap After Extrapleural Pneumonectomy: Case Report. ATİNKAYA, Cansel; OKUR, Erdal; BAYSUNGUR, Volkan; KAVAS, Murat; DOĞRUYOL, Talha; YALÇINKAYA, İrfan // Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung;2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p38
No abstract available.
- Thoracentesis.. and your pericardiocentesis, too: Your guide to proper prep. Shetler, Mary G.; Bartos, Harriet // RN;Dec80, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p50
Provides guidelines for nurses who were asked to assist physicians in collecting fluid from the pieural cavity or pericardium sac. Factors that determine the need for such procedure; Role of nurses in such procedure; Importance for the specimen to be screened in the laboratory.
- pericardium. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1745
An encyclopedia entry for "pericardium" is presented. It refers to the membranous fibroserous sac enclosing the heart and the bases of the great vessels. Also given are entries for various terms with the word "pericardium" including "adherent pericardium," "fibrous pericardium" and "parietal...
- CARDIOVASCULAR DYNAMICS IN PNEUMOPERICARDIUM AND HYDROPERICARDIUM. Maurer, E. R.; Mendez, Jr., F. L.; Finklestein, M.; Lewis, R. // Angiology;Jun1958, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p176
This article focuses on cardiovascular dynamics in pneumopilricardium and hydropericardium. For this, mongrel dogs of from 12 to 15 kg were anesthetized by the use of intravenous Pentothal sodium. No animal suffered from excessive barbiturate anesthesia and all gave adequate responses. The...