INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY
- Carlyle Group going after hedge fund market again. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;9/6/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p3
This article focuses on the attempt of the private equity juggernaut Carlyle Group to enter the hedge fund business. A little more than a year after selling its hedge fund-of-funds group, the politically well-connected alternatives manager, with $18.4 billion under management in private equity...
- Carlyle Forms China Fund For Larger Deals. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/15/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the launch of Carlyle Group LLC's private-equity fund in Beijing, China.
- Carlyle splashes over Â£750m in pair of deals. Phillips, Mike // Estates Gazette;10/2/2010, Issue 1039, p51
This article reports on the completion of two deals by private equity firm Carlyle as it continued a spending spree of equity from its third European property fund.
- Untitled. Sidders, Jack // Estates Gazette;4/5/2014, Issue 1414, p03
The article reports the talks being conducted by private equity firm Blackstone as of early April 2014 to acquire Alban Gate at 125 London Wall, EC2, from the Carlyle Group for about 300 million pounds.
- Morrisons silent on family buyout reports. // Food Manufacture;Mar2014, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the decision of food retailer Morrisons to refuse to comment on reports that the founding family is considering taking the firm private as it had approached private equity groups Carlyle Group and CVC to gauge interest in funding buyout.
- Zeus eyes UK hotel buyouts. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/25/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4499, p8
The article reports that venture capital fund Zeus Private Equity is set to embark on a Â£50 million spending spree to acquire three-star hotels across Great Britain. Zeus has already invested on its first venue, the three-star, 81-bedroom Belfry House hotel near Manchester Airport, for an...
- North Carolina Offers Clues to PE Future. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;11/19/2012, p6
The article analyzes the financial condition of the North Carolina Retirement Systems (NCRS) in 2012. Craig Demko, director of private for the North Carolina Treasury Department, states that the NCRS needs to focus on buyouts for its private equity investment to meet its 50 percent target, and...
- Carlyle, 3i to Pick-up Stakes in Indian Strides. // EmergingMarketsNOW;10/1/2009, p7
The article offers information on the minority stake acquisition of private equity (PE) firms, Carlyle Group LLC and 3i Group PLC, to the injectible business of Strides Arcolab Ltd. in India. Strides approached Lazard, an investment bank and expects to acquire 170-200 million U.S. dollars for...
- Carlyle default halts Monument scheme. // Estates Gazette;2/14/2009, Issue 906, p19
The article reports that an office scheme designed by Ken Shuttleworth opposite London's Monument in England was put on hold after its backer said that it would default on its Â£17 million loan. U.S. private equity firm Carlyle Group announced that it would be unable to repay the loan used to...