Fraud Claims Could Rise with Recaps
- Independent KB to leverage mall strength. Prior, Molly // DSN Retailing Today;2/5/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p45
Provides information on the purchase of K.B Toys company by chief executive Michael Glazer in partnership with equity firm Bain Capital. Operation size of the company; Details on the marketing strategy of the company to attract customers; Plans of the company for its toy offerings; Move of the...
- Bain Capital gives investors a choice in Europe. Primack, Dan // Fortune.com;
The article discusses financial services company Bain Capital and their offer of two different fee structures to investors for its fourth European private equity fund .
- European LBOs Shine in 2002. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/6/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on leveraged buyouts in the European private equity market. Increase in investment in the sector in 2002; Buyout deals of the company Bain Capital in 2002; Time taken for execution of European buyout deals.
- Fraudulent transfers 101. Powell, III, Charles R. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/20/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p46
In this article, the author discusses about the process of bankruptcy filings in the U.S. It mentions that the filings have been increased drastically in recent years. It informs that bankruptcy debtors can file turnover actions, under which a debtor seeks the return of past payments to...
- A Survey of Cases Interpreting the Stern Decision, Part V. Alaniz, Omar J. // Bankruptcy & Insolvency Litigation;Winter2013, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p2
The article reports on the decision of the courts on the ruling of the case Stern v. Marshall. The Ninth Circuit, in its ruling on the case involving Bellingham Insurance, almost followed the post-Stern arguments made by lower courts on the expansive view of Stern. The cases McDonald v. Little...
- STERN, SERIOUSLY: THE ARTICLE I JUDICIAL POWER, FRAUDULENT TRANSFERS, AND LEVERAGED BUYOUTS. LIPSON, JONATHAN C.; VANDERMEUSE, JENNIFER L. // Wisconsin Law Review;2013, Vol. 2013 Issue 6, p1161
This paper offers a new way to understand the causes and cures of problems created by Stern v. Marshall, the Supreme Court's 2011 opinion constricting bankruptcy court power. Stern held that a bankruptcy court, created under Article I of the Constitution, may not adjudicate a "tortious...
- A Lingering Litigation Threat. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p17
The article reports that private equity firms face risk over fraudulent conveyance claims. Overleveraged, underperforming companies which makes up a notable portion of private equity portfolios are likely candidates for fraudulent conveyance claims. David Ansel, a partner at Loeb & Loeb LLP,...
- Bain matters. Finney, Karen // Hill;7/17/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 90, p19
In this article, the author discusses the private equity invested in Bain Capital LLC by Mitt Romney, 2012 U.S. Presidential candidate.
- Bain Picks Up Canada Goose Stake. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/16/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p10
The article reports on the majority stake taken by private equity firm Bain Capital on outwear company Canada Goose, which comes after the former also invested in several Canadian firms like Shoppers Drug Mart, Bombardier Recreational Products and BTI Systems.