Research Still Attracts Banking
- Short-Selling Attacks and Creditor Runs. Xuewen Liu // Management Science;Apr2015, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p814
This paper investigates the mechanism through which short selling of a bank's stocks can trigger the failure of the bank. In the model, creditors, who learn information from stock prices, will grow increasingly unsure about the bank's true fundamentals in facing noisier stock prices; thus a run...
- Comparing the information in short sales and put options. Blau, Benjamin; Wade, Chip // Review of Quantitative Finance & Accounting;Oct2013, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p567
Prior work shows that both short sales and put options contain information about future stock prices. In this study, we compare the return predictability in short sales to the return predictability in put options. The motivation for this comparison is based on the theoretical argument that...
- Brass plays BRUT. Brooks, George // Equities;Oct98, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p44
Features BRUT, acronym for BRASS Utility, Automated Securities Clearance Ltd.'s electronic communications network (ECN). Domination of Reuter's Insinet in the fourth quarter securities trading in the United States; ASC's order management and routing software acronymed BRASS; BRASS' share of...
- How Does Morningstar Calculate Its Star Rating? // Morningstar GrowthInvestor;Sep2006, Vol. 2 Issue 4, Special section p9
The article discusses how investment information services provider Morningstar evaluates its stocks by star rating. Morningstar's star rating is based on the analyst's estimate of how much a company's business is worth per share. Worst stocks are rated with one star while high stocks are rated...
- LinkedIn Shaping Third-Stage Base. VINCENT MAO // Investors Business Daily;12/11/2013, pB09
The article discusses the online service provider LinkedIn Corp.'s efforts to shape a new stock base. It discusses the current stock base structure, and the stock performance during 2011-2013. It also discusses the interest of various firms and fund mangers including Fidelity Contrafund and...
- Today On WWD.COM. Burns, Kristin // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/8/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 119, p2
The article presents information on things published on the website "WWD.COM" on December 8, 2008. The website has published more photos of the Art Basel Miami scene, global breaking news and daily stock prices.
- LASRENET: Info on Latin American Companies. Provenzano, Dominic // Information Today;Feb1994, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p38
This article presents information about the Latin American Securities Research Network (LASRENET). The Windows based system provides current and historical prices on all listed Latin American companies and country funds. Subscribers to LASRENET include Bear Stearns, Citibank, Latin Vest, Lehman...
- Kurs Information Service System. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p152
Information about the term "Kurs Information Service System" is provided. It refers to Deutsche Aktienindex.
- Getting the `edge' Alfonso, Frank J. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr97, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p36
Presents advises for off-floor traders who wants to develop or buy a system in day-trading business. Main rules to follow when developing a day-trading system; How new traders purchase a system; How to determine the right amount of capital to use.