SALT METABOLISM IN HYPERTENSION
- Salt and hypertension: discussion paper. Finn, Ronald // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Oct1983, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p853
The article presents a discussion paper about salt as the cause of hypertension. A belief states that there is no cut-off between hypertension and normotension, while another denotes that hypertension is a distinct disease that is controllable by a single gene. A study of the subject matter has...
- 5. Recommendations on dietary salt. Fodor, J. George; Whitmore, Beverly; Leenen, Frans; Larochelle, Pierre // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;5/4/1999 Hypertension, Vol. 160 Issue 9, pS29
Presents a study to provide updated, evidence-based recommendations concerning the effects of dietary salt intake on the prevention and control of hypertension in adults (except for pregnant women). Options; Outcomes; Evidence; Values; Benefits, harms and costs; Recommendations; Validations;...
- Cutting salt has 'wider BP role' // Pulse;6/25/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 25, p16
Cites a study from Great Britain which found the efficacy of reduction in salt intake to lower blood pressure in patients with isolated systolic or combined hypertension. Suggestion on daily salt intake; Advantage of the fall in blood pressure for patients aged 60-80; Comment of study leader...
- High salt intake directly linked to stroke and CVD. // Community Practitioner;Feb2010, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p39
The article examines the link between cardiovascular diseases and high intake of salt.
- Overusing the salt shaker on your food can be dangerous. Goldfarb, Dr. David // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/01/99-02/08/99, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p21
Examines the relationship between sodium and high blood pressure. Recommendations on daily salt intake; Role of sodium in determining the distribution of body fluid; Benefits of sodium restriction; Results of studies on the effects of reduced sodium to risk of high blood pressure.
- New evidence linking salt and hypertension. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/20/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6281, p1993
Focuses on the relation between salt and hypertension. Effect of salt intake on blood pressure; Difficulty in measuring dietary salt; Evidence for the mechanism in essential hypertension.
- Hypertension: Too much emphasis on salt. // HealthFacts;Sep98, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the relationship between hypertension and intake of dietary salt. Studies on the effects of salt restriction; Disputes in the medical field over salt restrictions.
- Potential Areas of Future Investigation. Porter, George // Annals of Internal Medicine;May83 Part 2, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p881
Talks about the prevalence of salt-sensitive hypertension in adult population in the U.S. Obstacle to developing a study on hypertension; Analysis of possible nutrients that may contribute to the development of hypertension in the laboratory animal.
- Salt Controversy Stirred by "PURE" but Settled by "NUTRICODE". Manolis, Antonis S.; Sakellaris, Nikolaos; Pyrros, Ioannis // Hospital Chronicles;2014, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p232
Hypertension is a modifiable risk factor for cardiovascular disease and death. On a worldwide scale, it is estimated that over 1 billion adult individuals are afflicted by hypertension, and hypertension is responsible for over 9 million deaths annually. Among dietary strategies to counter this...