Relative Significance of Plasma Renin Activity and Concentration in Physiologic and Pathophysiologic Conditions
- Enalapril in the treatment of hypertension with renal artery stenosis. Hodsman, G.P.; Brown, J.J.; Cumming, A.M.M.; Davies, D.L.; East, B.W.; Lever, A.F.; Morton, J.J.; Murray, G.D.; Robertson, I.; Robertson, J.I.S. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);11/12/1983, Vol. 287 Issue 6403, p1413
Examines the inhibition of enalapril in the treatment of hypertension with renal artery stenosis. Relation of blood pressure to the pretreatment plasma concentrations of active renin and angiotensin II; Rise in active renin during long term treatment; Reduction in exchangeable sodium by enalapril.
- Comparison of unilateral renal artery embolization versus bilateral for treatment of severe refractory hypertension in hemodialysis patients. Zhiguo Mao; Chaoyang Ye; Changlin Mei; Xuezhi Zhao; Yuqiang Zhang; Chenggang Xu; Linlin Sun; Wu, Jun; Huimin Li; Weihua Dong; Sheng Dong // World Journal of Urology;Oct2009, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p679
Hypertension in ESRD patients is common, and often refractory to common medical interventions. Bilateral renal embolization (BRE) is an alternative to nephrectomy in treating severe refractory hypertension in hemodialysis patients, but has drawbacks in residual renal function preservation and...
- Unilateral Renal Parenchymal Disease with Contralateral Renal Artery Stenosis of the Fibrodysplasia Type. de Jong, Paul E.; van Bockel, J. Hajo; de Zeeuw, Dick // Annals of Internal Medicine;3/15/89, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p437
Describes cases of hypertension in women who had a unilateral small kidney with contralateral renal artery stenosis of the fibrodysplasia type. Medical profile of the patients; Causal relation between vesicoureteral reflux and hypertension in childhood; Factors to which the presence of a renal...
- Screening aortography in hypertensive patients undergoing coronary angiography identifies renal artery disease. // Kidney;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p206
Presents a summary of the study 'Incidental Renal Artery Stenosis Among a Prospective Cohort of Hypertensive Patients Undergoing Coronary Angiography,' by C.S. Rihal, S.C. Textor, J.F. Breen, et al, published in a 2002 issue of 'Mayo Clinical Procedures.'
- Reduced renin activity in essential hypertension: A reappraisal. Thomas, Gwynne W.; Ledingham, John G. G.; Beilin, Lawrence J.; Stott, A. Norman; Yeates, Kay M. // Kidney International;Jun1978, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p513
The apparent suppression of plasma renin activity in essential hypertensive patients compard to nomotensive controls prompted an examination of factors with might be responsible for this difference in people taken from a blood pressure screening survey. Plasma renin activity was lower in 89...
- Renal artery stenting of chronic kidney disease patient with resistant hypertension. Çoner, Ali; Çiçek, Davran; Akıncı, Sinan; Müderrisoğlu, Haldun // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Nov2016, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p894
A letter to the editor is presented regarding a case study of a 55-year-old male patient with resistant hypertension who underwent renal artery stenting for chronic kidney disease.
- Malignant Hypertension: Kidneys Too Good to be Extirpated. Mroczek, William J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun74, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p754
Presents a study which focused on malignant hypertension. Discussion of renal arteriolopathy; Information on primary renal parenchymal disease; Details of bilaterl nephrectomy.
- HYPERTENSION SECONDARY TO ANEURYSM OF THE RENAL ARTERY: REPORT OF A CASE OF LONG DURATION CURED BY NEPHRECTOMY. Klein, Richard L.; McChesney, John A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb61, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p292
Discusses the case of a female patient with hypertension associated with unilateral renal artery aneurysm. Patient medical history; Vital signs of the patient; Nephrectomy.
- Renal artery aneurysms and hypertension. Lebel, M; Laroche, G P // Journal of Human Hypertension;Nov98, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p765
Focuses on the association between hypertension and renal artery aneurysms. Occurrence of various types of aneurysms; Reasons for hypertension in patients with renal artery aneurysm; Suggested diagnostic tests for detecting renal artery aneurysms; Indications for surgical treatment in patients...