- RENAL ARTERY EMBOLECTOMY. Hakami, M.; Mosavy, S. H.; Saghafi, M. R. // Angiology;Apr1976, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p255
A patient with rheumatic heart disease developed right renal artery embolism and was treated by renal artery embolectomy. After a brief historical data, etiologic factors, clinicopathologic points, and treatment of the disease have been discussed.
- suprarenal. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2243
Definitions of the term "suprarenal," one of which pertains to the gland above each kidney, are presented.
- adrenal. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p51
A definition of the term "adrenal," which refers to the adrenal gland or its secretions, is presented.
- adrenalo-, adrenal-, adreno-, adren-. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p52
An encyclopedia entry for "adrenalo-, adrenal-, adreno-, adren-," which refers to combining forms meaning adrenal glands, is presented.
- adrenogenous. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p52
A definition of the term "adrenogenous," which means originating in or produced by the adrenal gland, is presented.
- adrenomegaly. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p53
A definition of the term "adrenomegaly," which refers to enlarged adrenal glands, is presented.
- One hundred years ago in Science Progress . . . The History of Adrenalin Some Eugenic Aspects of War. // Science Progress;Sep2015, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p306
The article presents an overview of the history of suprarenal capsules functions in Japan.
- Chronic Rheumatic Heart Diseases in Ranchi. Kumar, Anil; Sinha, Meera; Sinha, Deena Nath Prasad // Angiology;Mar1982, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p141
The article cites a study on the occurrence of chronic rheumatic heart disease in Ranchi, India. In this study two hundred cases of rheumatic heart disease admitted to the medical and pediatric wards of Rajendra Medical College Hospital between 1965 and 1975. The subjects were thoroughly...
- Mechanisms of mitral valvar insufficiency in children and adolescents with severe rheumatic heart disease: an echocardiographic study with clinical and epidemiological correlations. Nassri C�mara, Edmundo J.; Neubauer, Christiane; C�mara, Gabriel Ferreira; Lopes, Antonio Alberto // Cardiology in the Young;Oct2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p527
We carried out a detailed clinical, epidemiological, and echocardiographic study in 41 patients =14 years of age who were admitted in a public hospital in Salvador, Brazil, with severe rheumatic heart disease. Mitral insufficiency was severe in 90%, and moderate in 10%, of the patients. A...