CONTROLLED DEFIBRINATION IN THE TREATMENT OF PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISEASE
- The Apoprotein Pattern in Normolipemic Peripheral Vascular Disease. Siepi, Donatella; Pistola, Lorenza; Pasqualini, Leonella // Angiology;Jun1988, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p555
The relationship between peripheral vascular disease (PVD) and plasma apoproteins has still not been well defined. The lipid and apoprotein pattern of a group of 20 normolipemic patients affected by peripheral vascular disease has been compared with 20 healthy normolipemic subjects. Mean...
- A Double-blind Placebo Controlled Crossover Study in Patients With Peripheral Vascular Diseases, Using a New Capillary Viscometer. Weber, G.; Kreisel, T.; Peter, S.; Kunzel, J. // Angiology;Jan1980, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p1
The article presents a double-blind placebo controlled crossover study in patients with peripheral vascular diseases using a new capillary viscometer. The measurement of blood viscosity has not become a routine technique in diagnosis and therapy. They developed a viscometer that is easy to...
- Haemorheological Markers in 89 Patients with Stage II Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD). Ciuffetti, Giovanni; Parnetti, Lucilla; Mercuri, Michele; Senin, Umberto // Angiology;Jun1986, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p460
Although it is universally accepted that the grade of reduction of district blood flow in PVD is directly correlated to alteration of the haemorheological pattern, there is still no uniformity of opinion regarding the existence of a specific rheological alteration in PVD. The scope of our study...
- Percutaneous Interventions for Lower Extremity Peripheral Vascular Disease. De Sanctis, Julia Tucker // American Family Physician;12/15/2001, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p1965
Peripheral vascular disease of the lower extremities is an important cause of morbidity that affects up to 10 million people in the United States. The primary care physician can easily identify patients who are at risk for the disease with a questionnaire and a relatively simple test--the ankle...
- CLINICAL ABSTRACTS: vascular disease. // Modern Medicine;Feb99, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p36
Presents several abstracts on vascular disease. `Vessel Size and Long-Term Outcome after Coronary Stent Placement,' by S. Elezi, A. Kastrati, F-J Neumann et al.; `Treating to Meet NCEP-Recommended LDL Cholesterol Concentrations with Atorvastatin, Fluvastatin, Lovastati, or Simvastatin in...
- Don't take leg pain lying down. // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar2000, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p230
Provides information on causes, symptoms and treatment for peripheral vascular disease (PVD). Blocking of leg arteries by cholesterol or calcium; Doctors' recommendation for patients to stop smoking and watch their diets; Lowering of cholesterol and blood pressure; Test to diagnose PVD.
- peripheral arterial disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1752
An encyclopedia entry for "peripheral arterial disease," is presented.
- peripheral vascular disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1752
An encyclopedia entry for "peripheral vascular disease," is presented.
- Prevalence and Risk Factors of Peripheral Vascular Disease in a Selected South Indian Population. Premalatha, Gopal; Shanthirani, Subramaniam; Deepa, Raj; Markovitz, Jerome; Moran, Viswanathan // Diabetes Care;Sep2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1295
Presents information on a study which determined the prevalence and risk factors of peripheral vascular disease among South Indians. Research design and methods; Results; Conclusions.