SOME FACTORS AFFECTING ERYTHROCYTE DEFORMABILITY AND RUPTURE
- Development of a triculture based system for improved benefit/risk assessment in pharmacology and human food. Bazes, Alexandra; Nollevaux, Géraldine; Coco, Régis; Joly, Aurélie; Sergent, Thérèse; Schneider, Yves-Jacques // BMC Proceedings;2011 Supplement 8, Vol. 5 Issue Suppl 8, p1
An abstract of the article "Development of a triculture based system for improved benefit/risk assessment in pharmacology and human food," by Alexandra Bazes and colleagues is presented.
- Photosensitization of nonlinear scattering and photoacoustic emission from single-walled carbon nanotubes. Lee, I.-Yin Sandy; Matsuo, Tomomi; Suzuki, Honoh // Applied Physics Letters;3/10/2008, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p103122
Enhancement of laser-induced nonlinear scattering has been observed from an aqueous suspension of single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) doped with near-infrared dye chromophores. The underlying mechanism involves cavitation triggered by optical heating and bubble pulsation, which are further...
- CDC guidelines now cover new Pls. // Drug Topics;2/9/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the release by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention of updated guidelines for managing pharmacologic interactions in connection with the treatment of HIV and tuberculosis. Details of the updated information; Availability of the revised guidelines online.
- The Use of Bismuth in Gastroenterology. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1991, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p16
Discusses the utilization of bismuth preparations in a variety of gastrointestinal disorders. Examples of bismuth preparations; History of the medical use of bismuth; Chemistry and pharmacology of bismuth; Therapeutic uses of bismuth salts.
- Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology of Cyclic ADP-Ribose. Potter, Barry V. L.; Walseth, Timothy F. // Current Molecular Medicine;May2004, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p303
Cyclic ADP-ribose (cADPR) is a signaling molecule that has been shown to regulate calcium mobilization from intracellular stores in a wide variety of biological systems (reviewed in [1-3]). Synthesis of structural analogs of cADPR has provided insights into structure-activity relationships as...
- Research modes of new drugs of TCM compound formula. Zhang Zhong-lin; Zang Zhi-he; Peng Cheng // Journal of US-China Medical Science;Jul2008, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p47
The course of developing new drugs is complicated system engineering. It covers various subjects such as chemistry, pharmacy, biology, pharmacology, toxic ology, pharmaceutics and clinical medicine etc. And it needs a series of research work such as design of new drugs, pharmacological...
- Economic Evaluations in the EURONHEED. Hutter, Florencia; Antoñanzas, Fernando // PharmacoEconomics;2009, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p561
A review was performed of the key methodological elements of all the published economic evaluations (EEs), available in the European Network of Health Economics Evaluation Database (EURONHEED), of healthcare technologies conducted in Europe over the past 10 years in order to identify and compare...
- Haloperidol and clozapine antagonise amphetamine-induced disruption of latent inhibition of conditioned taste aversion. Russig, Holger; Kovacevic, Aneta; Murphy, Carol A.; Feldon, Joram // Psychopharmacology;2003, Vol. 170 Issue 3, p263
Rationale. Latent inhibition (LI) describes a process by which repeated pre-exposure of a stimulus without any consequence retards the learning of subsequent conditioned associations with that stimulus. It is well established that LI is impaired in rats and in humans by injections of the...
- PRELIMINARY OBSERVATIONS ON THE CHEMISTRY AND PHARMACOLOGY OF THE ALKALOIDS OF DUBOISIA HOPWOODII. Hicks, C. Stanton; LeMessurier, H. // Australian Journal of Experimental Biology & Medical Science;Sep1935, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p175
1. The chief alkaloid present in the leaves of Duboisia Hopwoodii is in all probability d-nor-nicotine, and the chemical evidence for this conclusion is given in detail. 2. A brief introduction to its pharmacology is cited, and this supports the chemical evidence.