- BDO predicts better 2nd half. // Furniture/Today;7/1/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p4
Reports the increase in the shipments by residential furniture factories in the U.S. Increment in the orders in April; Variation of monthly results; Cause for the increase in shipments.
- Doing smart business in this age of firsts. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;8/18/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p54
Comments on the issues related to the furniture industry in the U.S. Sales of digital cameras; Details on the shipments of wood furnitures.
- SOHO clouds may be lifting. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;9/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p46
Looks into the problems that have been affecting the furniture business in SOHO, New York City. Identification of the shrinking retail distributions; Changes in computing industry; Increase of mortgage rates.
- BDO: Orders up 4%, shipments 2.5% in '02. // Furniture/Today;3/10/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p2
Reports on the increase in orders and shipment of furnitures in the U.S. Evaluation of the market performance of the industry; Decrease in the furniture factory payrolls; Decline in the number of employees in the furniture sector.
- About this survey. // Furniture/Today;5/13/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p24
Focuses on the Top 25 Furniture Manufacturers according to the Furniture/Today's survey in the U.S. Rank based on 2001 furniture shipments to the U.S.; Exclusion of the investment income; Inclusion of contract furniture revenues.
- Orders, shipments drop in Oct. Chamberlain, Janice // Furniture/Today;12/24/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p4
Reports the decline of shipments and orders of furniture factories from October 2000 in the United States. Percentage decrease of shipments and orders; Rate of order backlogs; Details on the forecast for 2002 on furniture industry.
- Office Furniture Sales Should Rebound in 2004. // Wood & Wood Products;Aug2003, Vol. 108 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the furniture industry forecast prepared by the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer's Association in the U.S. Multi-million increase in the 2004 shipments; Percentage rate decline in the shipment level of 2003.
- Orders up 8% in March. // Furniture/Today;6/14/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p39
Reports on an 8-percent year-over-year increase in orders registered by the furniture industry in the United States in the month of March 2004. Declines registered by the industry in March 2003, March 2002, and March 2001; Percentage increase in shipments in March 2004.
- Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia see gains, but China still rules. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;5/7/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p24
The article reports on the increase of furniture shipments from Asian countries including Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia and China to the U.S. It is stated that China is the leading source of furniture with $12 billion in 2006 and recorded a 14% increase, followed by Vietnam with $874.1 million or...