- Baseball Tomorrow Fund Awards Nearly $2 Million In 2003. // Parks & Recreation;Jan2004, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the grants awarded in 2003 by the Baseball Tomorrow Fund, a joint initiative between the Major League Baseball Players Association and the Major League Baseball in the U.S. Reason for the provision of the grant; Number of organizations that helped raise the funds; Aims of the fund.
- County's Great Chefs Show Off at Premier Dining Event. Chao, Fifi // Orange County Business Journal;6/26/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p7
The article reports on the Great Chefs of Orange County Celebration of Food and Wine event for the benefit of the National Kidney Foundation of Southern California. The fundraiser is sponsored by American Airlines and Balboa Bay Club and Resort. The featured chefs from Orange County will cook...
- MOWW HONOR DONOR WALL. Rice, Bert L. // Officer Review Magazine;Dec2005, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p26
The article calls for donations in the "Honor Donor Wall" program. The program is an aggressive effort to increase the Endowment Fund of the Military Order of the World Wars (MOWW), headquartered at Alexandria in Virginia. It is an opportunity for friends of the MOWW chapters, departments, and...
- GIVING. // Orange County Business Journal;12/17/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 51, p37
The article offers news briefs concerning fundraisers and charitable deeds that are done in Orange County, California. $3,500 in cash and $7,500 in goods have been raised by Professional Community Management Inc. in order to help Southern California fire victims. The Riders' Cup Golf Classic...
- Dining in for life. Rybka, Ted // Echo Magazine;11/3/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p16
Provides information on the SAVORlife fundraising event of the Aunt Rita's Foundation to be held in Phoenix, Arizona on November 19, 2005. Appeal of the event to the public; Ways for prospective hosts to enlist in the event; Agencies and organizations that will participate in the fundraising.
- AOF to announce grantees at reception. Davis, Kevin // Bay Area Reporter;9/23/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p24
Reports on the service organizations named by the Academy of Friends (AOF) as beneficiaries of its upcoming 25th annual Oscar night fundraising gala in San Francisco, California. Aim of the affair to attract more individual underwriters willing to pledge AOF's minimum membership; Donations given...
- HIGHWAYMAN. // Motor Transport;7/7/2005, p19
Presents information on the fund raising program When We Rock, Africa Rolls, organized by Transaid in Great Britain. Decision of the organization to launch a pay-to-play contest in conjunction with its fund raising program.
- CAF Announces New Fundraiser. // O&P Business News;7/1/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the QUALCOMM Million Dollar Challenge fundraising program of the Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF). Target amount of fund to be raised by CAF; Journey along the California coastline offered to riders; Use of the fund.
- Fashion Cares revenue down. Saibil, Maya // Xtra (Toronto);6/12/2003, Issue 486, p14
Reports on the funds raised by the Aids Committee of Toronto at its 17th annual Fashion Cares event in May 2003. Statement from its executive director, Lori Lucier; Reason for the decline of the funds raised by the committee; Background on the committee; Information on the charitable activities...