Balancing work and benefits
- EU wants to add four more weeks of paid maternity leave. // Work-Life Newsbrief & Trend Report;Nov2008, p6
The article focuses on a new European Commission proposal to add four more weeks of paid maternity leave. The plan requires six weeks of the leave to be compulsory after the birth and the remaining weeks could be taken either before or after the child is born. According to the article, member...
- New videos provide maternity answers. Hare, Cory // ATA News;1/26/2016, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p10
The article presents a video series for teachers and members of the professional association Alberta Teachers Association, which provides information on parental and maternity leave for teachers in Alberta.
- Spring back. // Utility Week;3/31/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the return of Karma Ockenden, features editor of the Utility Week from maternity leave in April 2005. Ockenden expresses her enthusiasm on returning to her work. It is indicated also that acting features editor Janet Wood will remain as industry editor on water and energy...
- Maternity and paternity leave. // Labour Market Trends;May2006, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p141
The article presents the results of a survey conducted by Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry and the Department for Work and Pensions regarding the pattern of maternity and paternity leaves in the country. The survey shows that mothers took longer periods of maternity leave in 2005...
- What to expect when a worker is expecting... again. Birkinshaw, Claire // Employers Law;Dec2012/Jan2013, p18
The article presents tips on dealing with a worker becoming pregnant again while on maternity leave. It states that pregnant workers are entitled to have additional and maternity leaves with a total of 52 weeks. According to the author, in this case, the worker is still entitled to have a full...
- Retailers fear Bill's red tape. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2005, Issue 5462, p4
Reports on the Work and Families Bill in Great Britain. Extension of maternity leave and establishment of paternity leave under the bill; Negative effect of the bill on businesses and employment of women; Details on the provisions of the bill.
- Statistics you need to know... // Personnel Today;5/27/2008, p46
Several charts depicting the Statutory maternity pay, Statutory adoption pay and Statutory paternity pay are presented.
- Commencement of maternity leave periods. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;5/24/2005, p47
This article presents information related to the commencement dates for an employee's maternity leave periods. Ordinary maternity leave period is the date that she has notified her employer as being the date on which she intends her maternity leave to start This must be no earlier than the...
- Maternity rights -- complications and pitfalls. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Jul1990, Vol. 106 Issue 1163, p49
The article discusses the 'FW Woolworth PLC v. Smith' case in Great Britain in 1990, in which the Employment Appeal Tribunal commented on the technicalities of the procedure for making a maternity leave claim under statutory scheme. The details of the case and its legal precedents are also...