DP Furniture Express to carry on importing
- DP abandons direct imports. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;2/11/2005, Issue 5425, p3
The article reports that DP Furniture Express, a furniture company has closed its 106,000 Square feet distribution center in Liverpool Free Port and ended its experiment into direct importing. Great Britain-based manufacturers and importers will be the main beneficiaries of the importing...
- Luxury beds outlet. // Cabinet Maker;4/1/2005, Issue 5432, p6
Reports that DP Furniture Express has reopened its newly renovated store caused by flood in Carlisle. Features and amenities of the new building.
- Single port of call saves Â£2m for DPEE. // Cabinet Maker;7/23/2004, Issue 5398, p6
Reports on the opening of the distribution center of DP Furniture Express in Liverpool, England. Improvement in stock availability of the firm; Benefits of the center to the firm; Decrease in the distribution costs of the company.
- New business old values. Marshall, John // Cabinet Maker;5/27/2005 Supplement, p16
Focuses on Sunderland, England-based bed retailer DP Furniture Express. Background of the company; Number of employees; Key personnel; Retail state; Suppliers and brands; Annual spending on marketing; Factors contributing to the success of the company; Expansion programs; Plans of chief...
- Diary of failure, rescue and name changes. // Cabinet Maker;10/13/2006, Issue 5509, p3
The article offers information about Furniture Express. Accordingly, Furniture Express has taken its parts from DP Furniture Express. On November 2005, DP Furniture Express is rescued from administration by Management By Objectives led by John Hood and Colin McQueen. On March 2006, the company...
- Verdict. // Cabinet Maker;9/15/2006, Issue 5505, p40
The article offers several new briefs concerning furniture firms in Great Britain. DP Furniture Express has maintained a place in the market by providing a standard of service of furnitures. Bretts of Ipswich, takes prime position for attracting browsers and buyers alike. Woody's offers well...
- Suppliers lose out. // Cabinet Maker;12/16/2005, Issue 5469, p5
The article reports on the business losses experienced by suppliers in Great Britain as of December 2005 relevant to the administration and subsequent management buyouts at DP Furniture Express. Despite the losses, some suppliers still express support, citing the Denmark-based cabinet...
- Franchisees seek help. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2005, Issue 5462, p3
Reports that the franchisees of DP Furniture Express are seeking legal advice for the proposed management buyout led by commercial director John Hood and Colin McQueen, Swansea franchisee in Great Britain. Dependence of the franchise business to the managed stores business; Examination of the...
- Decision time for franchisees. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/28/2005, Issue 5462, p9
Discusses the attempted management by objectives of DP Furniture Express. Aim of franchisees to gain control of the their businesses; Effort of the company to provide marketing budgets for franchisees; Amount paid to the head office for products purchased centrally.