Stores enjoy upturn
- Retailers see sales growth bounce back. // Cabinet Maker;2/6/2004, Issue 5374, p6
Reports on sales of British furniture and floor coverings retailers in January 2004. Comparison with December 2003 and January 2002 figures; Performance of furniture stores and durable household goods retailers; Overall retail sales volumes.
- Rug execs look to re-energize business. Wyman, LIssa // Furniture/Today;12/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p50
The article reports that 2006 was a quiet year of the rug segment of the furniture industry in the United States. Retail sales was flat at $5.39 billion and creative products were not abundant. Profits and prices kept declining and even the best-selling neutral and brown color palettes...
- Furniture and floorcoverings slow in December. // Cabinet Maker;1/15/2010, Issue 5670, p19
The article presents a report from BRC-KPMG Retail Sales Monitor depicting a drop of sales of furniture and floor coverings in Great Britain last December 2009.
- May's sales growth looks set to continue. // Cabinet Maker;6/4/2004, Issue 5391, p4
Reports on the growth of sales in volume for furniture and floor covering retailers in Great Britain as of May 2004. Comparison of the month's sales increase with the previous month; Projected sales growth by June, 2004; Key drivers of consumer's willingness to spend.
- Sales jamboree forecast to continue for nine years. // Cabinet Maker;8/10/2001, Issue 5250, p1
Forecasts the sales in the furniture and floorcovering industry in Europe from 2001 to 2009. Increase of industry sales; Consumer spending on furniture and floorcoverings; Data on percentage rate sales.
- Discounting out of business. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2004, Issue 5404, p3
Comments on the growth of the furniture and floorcoverings sector in Great Britain for August 2004.
- Stores shrug off rate rises. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2004, Issue 5404, p4
Reports that retailers of furniture and floor coverings in Great Britain shrugged off the effects of increased interest rates in August 2004 with stores seeing annual sales growth for the eight consecutive month.
- Bassett sales decline 9.1% in third quarter. // Furniture/Today;10/15/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p74
The article reports on the sales and financial performance of Bassett Furniture Industries Inc. in the third quarter of 2007 in the U.S., which ended August 25, 2007. The company's sales declined 9.1% to $70.5 million, but earnings were up because of an income tax benefit. Earnings were...
- Sales growth continued in September. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p3
The article reports on the trends of retail sales pattern of furniture and floor-coverings for September 2004. Furniture and floor coverings retailers saw another month of growth in September, although the rate slowed significantly. Retail stores reported an increase in sales volumes compared to...