MEF debuts in Bangor
- A tale of three franchises. Nemes, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;3/14/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p22
The article presents information on several franchises including MyMenu, Chutney Joe's restaurant, and BrightStar.
- THE REPLICATION GAME. Goldsmith, Vivien // Enterprise (13503030);Oct/Nov2002, Issue 41, p56
Presents information on the franchising of business enterprises. Importance of brand name in the success of franchising; Franchise of Molly Maids; Factors to consider for a successful franchising.
- Franchises in Pima County. Trower, Tanya // Inside Tucson Business;10/05/98, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p12
Features a chart of franchises in Pima County, Arizona. Number of franchises; Services or products offered; Franchise and royalty fees; Parent company; Local and regional franchise manager; Year established locally and nationally.
- Franchisors in Pima County. Trower, Tanya // Inside Tucson Business;10/05/98, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p20
Features a chart of franchisors in Pima County, Arizona. Number of franchises; Services or products; Franchise and royalty fees; 1998 sales; Year established locally and nationally.
- Largest franchisers. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/28/99 Book of Lists, Vol. 46 Issue 53, p24
Lists the largest franchisers in Long Island, New York, as of December 28, 1999. Includes names of companies; Types of business; Numbers of franchises; Contact information.
- Franchising - An Interesting Opportunity for Enterprise. Tamchyna, Jaroslav // Czech Business & Trade;2002, Issue 1/2, p17
Discusses the situation of franchising business in the Czech Republic as of February 2002. Evolution of franchising enterprises in the Czech Republic; Support for the development of franchising; Development of the legal system protecting the functioning of franchises; Basic presupposition of...
- Free spirits forgo franchising. Gabriel, Gail // Crain's New York Business;04/13/98, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p31
Focuses on the success of business people in New York who opted to start their own businesses instead of purchasing franchises with reference to Todd Jones' launch of his business Cuzin's Duzin, from his previous career at Dunkin' Donuts. How Jones acquired funds for the business and details on...
- Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwich Shops to hit town. Cornell, Halley // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/16/2001, Issue 322850, p3
Reports the opening of Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwich Shops in California. Considerations in putting up franchises in the area; Affordability of the customer base; Support of the local government for businesses.
- The 106 best franchises. Weisburg, Emily // Entrepreneur;May2009, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p78
The article presents lists of the 106 franchises that secured the top billing in their categories in the 2009 Franchise 500 ranking of "Entrepreneur" including Maaco Franchising Inc., Money Mailer Franchise Corp. and Unishippers Global Logistics LLC.