- Engage the heart: Appealing to the emotions facilitates change. Seijts, Gerard H.; O'Farrell, Grace // Ivey Business Journal;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p1
Discusses the importance of appealing to the emotions in winning commitment to organizational change. Reasons why organizational change usually fails; Root of the errors made in the change process; Examples of behaviors in presenting and communicating change to people in the organization.
- Executive Lockdown. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/14/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 24, p12
Reports that Judy McGrath, group president in charge of MTV, VH1, and Comedy Central cable television networks, has the edge in the contest to succeed Tom Freston as chairman of MTV Networks in 2004. Information on McGrath; Other contenders.
- FROM THE EDITOR. Laczniak, Russell N. // Journal of Advertising;Winter2006, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p5
The article presents an editorial introduction to the December 2006 issue of the "Journal of Advertising." The editor provides details about his successor, Marla Stafford, who was chosen by the Academy of Advertising Publications Committee. Details related to the processes by which the editorial...
- Head chef leaves Sanctum Soho on heels of manager. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/18/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4595, p6
The article reports on the organizational changes at the boutique hotel Sanctum in Soho, London, England. General manager Abbas Alhajj and head chef Gavin Austin left the hotel just months after its opening. The owner Mark Fuller said that Austin left because of the difficulty in commuting as he...
- Editorial. Hawk, Jeffrey A.; Indacochea, J. Ernesto; Malas, James C.; Walton, Harry W.; Scott Jr., William W. // Journal of Materials Engineering & Performance;Feb2004, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p3
Talks about personnel changes in the "Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance" (JMEP) editorial team. Resignation of editor John Ogren; Appointment of Doctor Jeffrey A. Hawk as the new editor of JMEP; List of associate editors of the journal.
- APPOINTEES ARE IN A MAJORITY ON ABTA BOARD. // Travel Weekly (UK);6/27/2008, p3
The article reports on the impact of a change to the ABTA board on elected members and appointees in Great Britain. The ABTA board consists of five elected members, including the president, three appointees and the chief executive. From July 2008 three more members may be appointed including a...
- People. // Modern Railways;Dec2005, Vol. 62 Issue 687, p78
The section talks about personnel changes in various companies. Steven Marshall has joined the main board of Balfour Beatty plc after serving as chief executive of Railtrack Group plc from 1999 to 2002. MVA has expanded its Rail Consultancy Division with the appointment of two new directors. At...
- Preparing problem employees for change. Jones, Tom // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/15/2005, Issue 323426, p6
Offers advice to executives on how to prepare problem employees for change. Advice against providing training until after the change is launched; Reasons why change is a major source of fear and anxiety in the modern workforce; Impact points of change.
- Professional standards research: appreciative inquiry. Passmore, Jonathan // People Management;12/4/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p47
Considers the use of repeat behaviour to stimulate change in an organization. Discussion on appreciative inquiry; Power of language to support and stimulate organizational change; Advantages of appreciative inquiry techniques in adding value in ways that strengthen employee commitment to the...