THE ROLE OF PULMONARY ANGIOGRAPHY IN PULMONARY EMBOLISM
- Combination of clinical and V/Q scan assessment for the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism: a 2-year outcome prospective study. Barghouth, G.; Yersin, B.; Boubaker, A.; Doenz, F.; Schnyder, P.; Bischof Delaloye, A. // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine;2000, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p1280
Abstract. With the aim of evaluating the efficiency of our diagnostic approach in patients with suspected acute pulmonary embolism (PE), we prospectively studied 143 patients investigated by means of a ventilation/perfusion (V/Q) lung scan. A pre-test clinical probability of PE (P[sub clin]) was...
- Ct Pulmonary Angiography and Suspected Acute Pulmonary Embolism. Enden, T.; KlØw, N.-E. // Acta Radiologica;May2003, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p310
Abstract Purpose: To evaluate the use and quality of CT pulmonary angiography in our department, and to relate the findings to clinical parameters and diagnoses. Material and Methods: A retrospective study of 324 consecutive patients referred to CT pulmonary angiography with clinically suspected...
- Fetal radiation dose from CT pulmonary angiography in late pregnancy: a phantom study. Doshi, S. K.; Negus, I. S.; Oduko, J. M. // British Journal of Radiology;Aug2008, Vol. 81 Issue 968, p653
Pulmonary embolism (PE) is the leading direct cause of maternal mortality in the UK. Accurate diagnosis is important but, even though CT pulmonary angiography (CTPA) is the recommended imaging modality for PE in the general population, there is limited guidance for pregnant patients. Knowledge...
- 3D TURBO MRA WITH A NEW BLOOD POOL CONTRAST AGENT, NC100150. Sunden, P. // Acta Radiologica;Apr2000 Supplement 422, Vol. 41, p28
Evaluates the use of magnetic resonance angiography using a single injection of a blood pool contrast agent to establish the diagnosis of deep vein thrombosis/pulmonary embolus. Comparison with X-ray xenography; Dosage and administration of the contrast media.
- Feasibility of Computed Tomography Pulmonary Angiography with Low Flow Rates. Gossner, J. // Journal of Clinical Imaging Science;Jan-Mar2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, Special section p1
Computed tomography pulmonary angiography (CTPA) is the imaging test of choice in suspected pulmonary embolism. High flow rates for the administration of contrast medium are recommended, but these cannot be achieved in a number of patients due to poor peripheral venous access or when using...
- Low-Probability Lung Scan Findings: A Need for Change. Hull, Russell D.; Raskob, Gary E. // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/15/91, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p142
Presents information on a study which described the sensitivity and specificity that were determined prospectively for the high-, intermediate- and low-probability lung scan patterns for the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- Pulmonary Angiography, Ventilation Lung Scanning, and Venography for Clinically Suspected Pulmonary Embolism with Abnormal Perfusion Lung Scan. Hull, Russell D.; Hirsch, Jack; Carter, Credic J.; Jay, Richard M.; Dodd, Pearl E.; Ockelford, Paul A.; Coates, Geoffrey; Gill, Gerald J.; Turpie, A. Graham; Doyle, Daniel J.; Buller, Harry R.; Raskob, Gary E. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun83, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p891
Presents a study which examined the diagnostic uses of pulmonary angiography, ventilation lung scanning and venography in patients with clinically suspected pulmonary embolism with abnormal perfusion lung scans. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- On Purple Emperors, Pulmonary Embolism, and Venous Thrombosis. Secker-Walker, Roger H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun83, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p1006
Editorial. Discusses the use of perfusion lung scans in the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism. Benefits and disadvantages of the diagnostic use of perfusion lung scans; Details of the interpretations of ventilation-perfusion scans outlined by Bello et al in 1979; Examination of the results of...
- Chinese multi-center study of lung scintigraphy and CT pulmonary angiography for the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism. He, Jia; Wang, Feng; Dai, Hao-jie; Li, Mei; Wang, Qian; Yao, Zhiming; Lv, Bin; Xiong, Chang-ming; He, Jian-guo; Liu, Zhi-hong; He, Zuo-Xiang; Fang, Wei // International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging;Oct2012, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p1799
To evaluate diagnostic value of the PISA-PED and PIOPED II criteria for lung scintigraphy and compare it with CT pulmonary angiography (CTPA) for the detection of pulmonary embolism (PE). Five hundred and forty-four consecutive patients with suspected PE were enrolled. All patients underwent...