Application of Dextranomer Beads (Debrisanï¿½) in the Treatment of Exudating Skin Lesions: Results of a Cooperative Study
- A Novel Dextran Dextrinase from Gluconobacter oxydans DSM-2003: Purification and Properties. Mao, Xiangzhao; Wang, Shu; Kan, Feifei; Wei, Dongzhi; Li, Fuli // Applied Biochemistry & Biotechnology;Nov2012, Vol. 168 Issue 5, p1256
Dextran has already been widely applied in food, pharmaceutical, and chemical industries. In this study, a novel intracellular dextran dextrinase (DDase, EC 126.96.36.199) from Gluconobacter oxydans DSM-2003 exhibiting catalytic activity to synthesize dextran from maltodextrin was purified to...
- A rapid renal clearance methodology for dextran. Leypoldt, John K.; Frigon, Ronald P.; DeVore, Karl W.; Henderson, Lee W. // Kidney International;Mar1987, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p855
Introduces an alternative approach for the administration of dextrans for glomerular transport. Advantages of administering dextrans intravenously; Use of high performance gel permeation chromatography for characterizing the molecular weight distribution of neutral dextran; Efficacy of the new...
- Dextran and multiple electrolyte solutions: The watchword is 'Monitor' Juliani, Louise M. // RN;Sep81, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p80
Deals with the use of dextran, a plasma volume expander, in medical emergencies. Application of dextran; Advantages of plasma volume expanders.
- Glomerular size-selectivity and microalbuminuria in early diabetic glomerular disease. Scandling, John D.; Myers, Bryan D. // Kidney International;Apr1992, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p840
Sieving coefficients of uncharged dextrans of graded size (radii 30 to 60 Ã…) were used to characterize barrier size-selectivity in nonazotemic diabetic humans with microalbumtnuria (Group 1, N = 11) or macroalbuminuria (Group 2. N = 21). Compared to a non-diabetic control group (N = 21) the...
- Preparation, radioiodination and in vitro evaluation of a nido-carborane-dextran conjugate, a potential residualizing label for tumor targeting proteins and peptides. Tolmachev, V.; Bruskin, A.; Sjöberg, S.; Carlsson, J.; Lundqvist, H. // Journal of Radioanalytical & Nuclear Chemistry;Jul2004, Vol. 261 Issue 1, p107
Polysaccharides are not degradable by proteolytic enzymes in lysosomes and do not diffuse through cellular membranes. Thus, attached to an internalizing, targeting protein, such polysaccharide linkers, will remain intracellularly after protein degradation. They can be labeled with halogens and...
- discrete. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p662
A definition of the term "discrete" which means separate as in describing eruptions on the skin, is presented.
- Generalized Annular Skin Lesions. WEI-LI KO; HSIOU-HSIN TSAI // American Family Physician;4/1/2013, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p513
A photo quiz about generalized annular skin lesions is presented.
- Confluent Brownish Papules and Plaques on the Neck, Upper Chest and Back: A Quiz. Jankowska-Konsur, Alina; Maj, Joanna; Tupikowska, Maigorzata; Szepietowski, Jacek C. // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;2013, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p493
A quiz about a case report of a patient with multiple confluent, brownish lesions on the upper trunk and neck is presented.
- A Red-violaceous Papular Lesion in a Young Girl: A Quiz. Lacarrubba, Francesco; Dinotta, Franco; Verzì, Anna Elisa; Musumeci, Maria Letizia; Micali, Giuseppe // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;Jan2015, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p121
A quiz about the red-violaceous Papular lesion in a 19-year-old female is presented.