Effect of Manual Lymph Drainage Massage on Urinary Excretion of Neurohormones and Minerals in Chronic Lymphedema
- MY LEG JUST KEEPS ON swelling. // Woman's Day (Australian Consolidated Press);6/10/2002, p41
Discusses lymphoedema, a swelling that occurs due to a blockage of the lymph vessels. Estimated number of Australians that have lymphoedema; Efforts of model, Jessica Keating to prevent the swelling of her left leg; Causes of lymphoedema.
- THE CONSERVATIVE TREATMENT OF LYMPHEDEMA OF THE EXTREMITIES. Van Der Molen, H. R.; Tóth, L. M. // Angiology;Jul/Aug1974, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p470
Examines the process of the conservative treatment of lymphedema of the lower extremities. Clinical features of the disease; Phases of the removal of edema; Use of elastic bandages for treatment of lymphedema in extremities.
- Comparative results of non-operative multi-modal therapy for filarial lymphoedema. Gogia, S. B.; Appavoo, N. C.; Mohan, A.; Kumar, M. Burney // Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery;Jan2009, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p22
A comparative analysis of different conservative modes of therapy for lymphoedema, largely of Filarial origin, was conducted in a trial therapy unit in Chengalpattu, a Filarial endemic district in Tamil Nadu. Results were compared using a single chambered intermittent pneumatic compression pump,...
- Education key to managing lymphodema. // Australian Nursing Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p27
Reports the launching of the Vital Essence, a computer software and digital videodisc health education package from Flinders Medical Centre, in March 2003. Areas of lymphoedema management covered in the program; Information on the project's lead author, Neil Piller; Information on lymphoedema.
- Living with lymphoedema is Essex. Pollard, Tom // British Journal of Community Nursing;Oct2006, Vol. 11 Issue 10, pS14
The article discusses an author's experience of being a patient with primary lymphoedema. She was still a child when she had the earliest symptoms of the disease. When she started working as a hairdresser, her swollen legs had given her problems. She added that there should be an effort to...
- An update on the Lymphoedema Framework Project. Morgan, Phil; Moffatt, Christine // British Journal of Community Nursing;Oct2006, Vol. 11 Issue 10, pS20
The article provides update on the best practice document of Lymphoedema Framework Project which was launched at the British Lymphology Society Conference on October 2, 2006 in Birmingham, England. The document was a product of partnership that focused on vast issues regarding the management of...
- Lymphatic filariasis among the Yakurr people of Cross River State, Nigeria. Iboh, Cletus I.; Okon, Okpok E.; Opara, Kenneth N.; Asor, Joseph E.; Etim, Susan E. // Parasites & Vectors;2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p203
Background: In order to initiate a disease elimination programme for lymphatic filariasis based on mass drug administration, a proper understanding of the geographical distribution and degree of risk is essential. Methods: An investigation of lymphatic filariasis due to Wuchereria bancrofti was...
- lymphedema. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1279
A definition of the term "lymphedema" is presented. The term refers to an abnormal accumulation of tissue fluid or potential lymph in the interstitial spaces. The mechanism, common causes and treatment of the condition are also discussed. The reference entry is from the "Taber's Cyclopedic...
- lymphedema praecox. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1282
A definition of the term "lymphedema praecox" is presented. The term refers to the obstruction of the lymphatic channels, producing edema, which occurs primarily in women between the ages of 10 and 25. The interstitial fluid that accumulates first appears in the feet but can travel proximally to...