CLINICAL EVALUATION OF HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE, A DESLUDGING AGENT, IN ANGINA PECTORIS
- Long--Acting Nitroglycerin for Angina, 1982: Old Dog, New Tricks. Reichek, Nathaniel; Sutton, Martin St. John // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov82, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p774
Editorial. Focuses on the use of nitroglycerin in the treatment of angina. Basic action of nitroglycerin; Physiologic effects of nitroglycerin; Hemodynamic consequences of nitroglycerin; Description of the preparations of cutaneous nitroglycerin.
- Efficacy of Nitroglycerin Patches: Fact or Fancy? Parker, John O. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr85, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p548
Editorial. Discusses research on the assessment of the efficacy of nitroglycerin patches in the treatment of angina pectoris. Effect of the administration of the patches on a patient's exercise time; Comparison with placebo medication; Issues considered in the administration of nitroglycerin...
- Ranolazine extended release is a useful adjunct in the treatment of chronic stable angina pectoris. // Drugs & Therapy Perspectives;Jan2007, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
Ranolazine extended release (ER) is indicated for the combination treatment of chronic stable angina in patients who have not achieved an adequate response with other antianginals. As add-on therapy with other antianginals, ranolazine ER improves exercise tolerance, reduces the frequency of...
- Nitroglycerin Sublingual. // AHFS Consumer Medication Information;Sep2016, p1
Nitroglycerin spray and tablets are used to treat episodes of angina (chest pain) in people who have coronary artery disease (narrowing of the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart). The spray and tablets may also be taken just before activities that may cause episodes of angina in order...
- ASSESSING THE EFFICACY OF DANSHENFORM COMPOUND IN PATIENTS WITH STABLE ANGINA PECTORIS. Hassan, Mahmood ul; Qureshi, Saqib; Hussain, Chiragh; Gul, Adnan Mahmood; Hafizullah, Mohammad // JPMI: Journal of Postgraduate Medical Institute;2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p17
Objective: To assess the efficacy of danshenform compound in patient with angina pectoris already on optimal dose of anti anginal therapy assessed by exercise tolerance test. Methodology: Thirty eight patients with stable angina were included in the study. Patients were exercised on treadmill...
- Drug treatment of chronic stable angina pectoris. // British Medical Journal;2/25/1978, Vol. 1 Issue 6111, p462
Identifies the importance of beta-adrenoceptor-blocking drugs for the management of patients with chronic stable angina pectoris. Reduction of the frequency and severity of anginal attacks; Reduction of glyceryl trinitrate consumption; Ameleoration of electrocardiographic ST segment depression;...
- Contemporary Management of Angina: Part II. Medical Management of Chronic Stable Angina. Zanger, Diane R.; Solomon, Allen J. // American Family Physician;1/1/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p129
Part II. Provides information on the contemporary medical management of chronic stable angina pectoris. Measures for eliminating risk factors of angina; List of antianginal agents.
- EECP. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Oct2001, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the use of enhanced external counterpulsation (EECP) for the nonsurgical therapy of angina pectoris caused by narrowed or obstructed coronary arteries. Symptoms of chest pain; Steps in EECP therapy; Theories behind the chest pain relief in EECP; Risk factors of chest pain. INSET:...
- TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST HEART PROBLEMS... Lally, Steven; Shimer, Porter; London, Cemela; Eickmeier, Jan; Sangiorgio, Maureen; Piszczek, Carole // Prevention;Dec89, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p46
Describes remedies to prevent and treat heart problems. Use of salt to ensure faster absorption of nitroglycerin tablets for angina relief; Benefits of a moderate program of aerobic activity to heart attack patients; Use of streptokinase as an anticoagulant.