Biosafety Level 4 Labs Up Close and Personal
- Remote control locking. // Glass Age;Oct2004, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p94
The article presents information on the remote control locking techniques for doors. Entry to domestic, community and commercial properties is now straightforward, affordable, convenient and simple with the automatic Door Access control system. A vandal resistant proximity reader is mounted...
- Office Supplies for The Hunted (and/or Paranoid). Brown, Ed // Fortune;6/8/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p60
Describes the personal security devices available from Gaffco in New York City. Armored cars; Bulletproof glass; Bulletproof vests; The Body Orifice Security Scanner; Comments from owner Tom Gaffney about his clients.
- High-speed industrial door protects against fire. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Sept2005, p48
Features Efaflex's STT-FSA El 20 highspeed turbo door with an integrated fire-protection curtain. Specifications; Design; Contact information.
- Would You Feel at Home in a Smarthome? Vikram, Janani Gopalakrishnan // Electronics For You;Aug2015, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p26
The article offers information on the components on the smarthome framework which is assorted products like smart thermostats, smart power sockets and energy management systems. Topics discussed include role of wearables in the future smarthome, the automated doors and security cameras can be...
- First Line of Defense: The Research Laboratory. Brynie, Faith Hickman // Odyssey;Mar2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p13
Presents information on various developments related to role of laboratories as the first line of defense against biological weapons. INSET: A TWO-MINUTE TOUR OF THE IMMUNE SYSTEM.
- Army designing next-generation protective mask. // Designfax;10/21/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 39, p8
The article reports on the development of a cooling system for soldiers wearing a protective mask designed to shield them from biological and chemical attacks. Topics discussed include a description of the cooling system, the contribution of the research institute Edgewood Chemical Biological...
- NUCLEAR-BIOLOGICAL-CHEMICAL (NBC) DEFENSE SYSTEMS: Collective Protection. // Army Magazine;Oct2009, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p393
The article focuses on the function of Chemical-Biological Protective Shelter (CBPS). It states that CBPS offers 72 hours of contaminated-free and environmentally controlled working area for combat service personnel who are exhausted from wearing continuously their chemical-biological individual...
- DIRTY BOMBS. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/29/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 17, p25
Reports the efforts of weapon experts to enact specific security precautions against radiological terrorism in the U.S. Prevention of the spread of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons; Effects of the dispersal of dangerous amounts of radioactive material; Decision to use dirty bombs to...
- An Opening for Design. // Nation's Restaurant News;Mar2003 Supplement, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p22
Discusses the design and functional benefits of automatic door. Reasons why many restaurant chains are closed to the idea of automatic doors; Considerations when installing an automatic door; Unusual things with automatic doors.