DIRECT VISUALIZATION OF THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS ON CAPILLARY UPTAKE OF DYE
- metarteriole. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1455
A definition of the term "metarteriole," which refers to a small vessel connecting an arteriole to a venule from which true capillaries are given off, is presented.
- Early Microvascular Dysfunction in Healthy Normal-Weight Males With Heredity for Type 2 Diabetes. Jörneskog, Gun; Kalan, Majid; Kuhl, Jeanette; Båvenholm, Peter; Katz, Abram; Allerstrand, Gustaf; Alvarsson, Michael; Efendic, Suad; Stenson, Claes-Göran; Pernow, John; Wahren, John; Brismar, Kerstin // Diabetes Care;Jun2005, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p1495
Presents a study which investigated whether genetic factors are associated with disturbances in nutritive skin capillary circulation, non-nutritive skin microcirculation and bracial macrocirculation. Research design and methods; Results; Conclusions.
- spider-burst. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p2043
The article presents a definition for the term "spider-burst," which refers to an area on the leg in which capillaries radiate from a central point.
- Simulation of the slug flow of a gas-liquid system in capillaries. Abiev, R. Sh. // Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering;Mar2008, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p105
A mathematical model for the gas-liquid slug flow in a capillary is developed. The velocity profiles in the bubble, film, and interbubble liquid are calculated. The calculated results are in good agreement with the experimental data of other researchers. The experimentally found bifurcational...
- MICROCIRCULATION IN PSORIATIC SKIN. Braverman, Irwin M.; Yen, Agnes // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;May74, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p493
Our previous electron microscopic studies on psoriatic skin demonstrated thin-walled vessels that resembled lymphatics but which contained erythrocytes and had prominent endothelial cell gaps. Gap formation was also found in venous capillaries and postcapillary venules. Reconstruction techniques...
- CAPILLARY FRAGILITY AND CONJUNCTIVAL VASCULAR CHANGES IN RELATION TO RETINOPATHY IN YOUNG DIABETICS. Ditzel, Jørn; White, Priscilla // Angiology;Apr1958, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p60
A comparative investigation of capillary fragility index and vascular changes visualized in the bulbar conjunctiva of young diabetics has been made. No vascular change in the bulbar conjunctiva could be specifically correlated to the presence of an increased capillary fragility index.
- Evaluation of the Severity of Systemic Sclerosis by Nailfold Capillary Microscopy in 112 Patients. Joyal, France; Choquette, Denis; Roussin, André; Levington, Carry; Senécal, Jean-Luc // Angiology;Mar1992, Vol. 43 Issue 3P1, p203
The authors used nailfold capillary microscopy (NCM) to evaluate 112 patients with systemic sclerosis spectrum disorders (SSc). Patients were classified as S1 if they had skin involvement proximal to the metacarpo-phalangeal joints, S2 if they had at least two minor SSc American Rheumatism...
- Efflux of drugs and solutes from brain: the interactive roles of diffusional transcapillary transport, bulk flow and capillary transporters. Groothuis, Dennis R.; Vavra, Michael W.; Schlageter, Kurt E.; Kang, Eric W.-Y.; Itskovich, Andrea C.; Hertzler, Shannon; Allen, Cathleen V.; Lipton, Howard L. // Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism;Jan2007, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p43
We examined the roles of diffusion, convection and capillary transporters in solute removal from extracellular space (ECS) of the brain. Radiolabeled solutes (eight with passive distribution and four with capillary or cell transporters) were injected into the brains of rats (n=497) and...
- THE EFFECT OF FOREIGN PLASMA ON CAPILLARY PERMEABILITY IN UNSENSITIZED ANIMALS. Lake, B. J.; Simmonds, W. J.; Steinbeck, A. W. // Australian Journal of Experimental Biology & Medical Science;Feb1953, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p55
Foreign plasma, human and rabbit, produced an increased capillary permeability and exudation after intrapleural and intradermal injection in unsensitized rats as well as after intraperitoneal injection. The effect was not peculiar to the rat. It was demonstrated by intraperitoneal injection of...