A CORRELATIVE ANATOMIC STUDY OF DEGENERATIVE OCCLUSIVE DISEASE OF THE ARTERIES OF THE LOWER EXTREMITIES
- Incidence of and Risk Factors for Asymptomatic Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease: A Longitudinal Study. Hooi, Jurenne D.; Kester, Arnold D. M.; Stoffers, Henri E. J. H.; Overdijk, Marjori M.; Ree, Jan W. van; Knottnerus, J. André // American Journal of Epidemiology;Vol. 153 Issue 7, p666
The current study describes the age- and sex-specific incidence rates and risk factors for asymptomatic and symptomatic peripheral arterial occlusive disease (PAOD) among 2,327 subjects and the incidence of intermittent claudication in asymptomatic PAOD subjects. The study population was...
- An Unusual Presentation of Simultaneous Bilateral Popliteal Artery Embolism. Fernandez, Bernardo B.; Grove, Mark; Carman, Teresa L. // Angiology;Jul1998, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p573
We present what we believe is the first case in the literature of carcinoma of the lung presenting de novo as an intracardiac mass with bilateral, simultaneous popliteal artery embolization. Arterial thromboembolism of cardiac origin and in situ thrombosis of a preexisting atherosclerotic lesion...
- Theory and practical based approach to chronic total occlusions. Sianos, Georgios; Konstantinidis, Nikolaos V.; Di Mario, Carlo; Karvounis, Haralambos // BMC Cardiovascular Disorders;2/9/2016, Vol. 16, p1
Coronary chronic total occlusions (CTOs) represent the most technically challenging lesion subset that interventional cardiologists face. CTOs are identified in up to one third of patients referred for coronary angiography and remain seriously undertreated with percutaneous techniques. The...
- Ineffectiveness of Ca2+-Antagonists Nicardipine and Diltiazem on Experimental Atherosclerosis in Cholesterol-fed Rabbits. Naito, Michitaka; Kuzuya, Fumio; Asai, Kan-ichi; Shibata, Kazuaki; Yoshimine, Noboru // Angiology;Oct1984, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p622
There is accumulating evidence that calcium metabolism plays an important role in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. The inhibitory effect of nifedipine, a Caï¿½-antagonist, on experimental atherosclerosis in cholesterol-fed rabbits has been reported, and we examined the...
- A focus on risk factor management. Belch, Jill J. F.; Creager, Mark A. // Vascular Medicine;2004, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p169
This article reports that peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and its most common manifestation, intermittent claudication (IC), are associated with considerable morbidity and mortality. The patient with PAD has well-documented risk factors for atherosclerosis. Because of these, combined with the...
- DISCUSSION. Sanchez, Luis A. // Vascular Surgery;Mar/Apr1997, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p161
Comments on a study by Phillip J. Bendick et al on the arterial adaptation to increased wall shear stress. Factor associated with the development of atherosclerotic plaques; Purpose of the technique used in non-atherogenic model.
- II. SURGICAL THERAPY OF OCCLUSIVE PERIPHERAL ATHEROSCLEROSIS. Estes, J. Earle // Angiology;Apr1958, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p114
Focuses on the surgical treatment of occlusive peripheral atherosclerosis. History of vascular surgery; Basic concepts of the atherosclerotic occlusion of the abdominal aorta and its branches; Clinical aspects of chromic arterial occlusion due to atherosclerosis.
- Flavonoid classes and risk of peripheral arterial occlusive disease: a caseâ€“control study in Greece. Lagiou, P.; Samoli, E.; Lagiou, A.; Skalkidis, Y.; Katsouyanni, K.; Petridou, E.; Trichopoulos, D. // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Feb2006, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p214
Objective:To assess the relation between specific flavonoid classes and peripheral arterial occlusive disease (PAOD), an important manifestation of atherosclerosis.Design:Using data from a caseâ€“control study conducted in Greece in 1980 on the nutritional epidemiology of PAOD, we have...
- Immaturity of microvessels in haemorrhagic plaques is associated with proteolytic degradation of angiogenic factors. Dall, Julien Le; Ho-Tin-Noé, Benoît; Louedec, Liliane; Meilhac, Olivier; Roncal, Carmen; Carmeliet, Peter; Germain, Stéphane; Michel, Jean-Baptiste; Houard, Xavier // Cardiovascular Research;Jan2010, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p184
Aims: We investigated the causes of microvessel immaturity and destabilization in human atherosclerotic lesions.