CRITERIA OF THE VASO-MOTOR RESPONSE OF CORONARY ARTERIES
- Reduced coronary flow reserve in Anderson-Fabry disease measured by transthoracic Doppler echocardiography. Dimitrow, Paweł Petkow; Krzanowski, Marek; Undas, Anetta // Cardiovascular Ultrasound;2005, Vol. 3, p11
Coronary flow reserve was assessed in a patient with Anderson-Fabry disease complicated by symmetric left ventricular hypertrophy. Coronary flow reserve was measurable in all three major coronary arteries providing an opportunity to compare regional coronary flow reserve from different vascular...
- HCMV infection of human vascular smooth muscle cells leads to enhanced expression of functionally intact PDGF ï¿½-receptor. Reinhardt, Barbara; Mertens, Thomas; Mayr-Beyrle, Ulrike; Frank, Hedwig; L�ske, Anke; Schierling, Karina; Waltenberger, Johannes // Cardiovascular Research;Jul2005, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p151
Abstract: Background: Cytomegaloviruses have been shown to promote atherogenesis in animal models. In humans, several epidemiological and clinical studies suggest involvement of the human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) in the development of atherosclerosis. HCMV is suspected to be associated with an...
- Coronary endothelial dysfunction is associated with a reduction in coronary artery compliance and an increase in wall shear stress. Takumi, Takuro; Yang, Eric H.; Mathew, Verghese; Rihal, Charanjit S.; Gulati, Rajiv; Lerman, Lilach O.; Lerman, Amir // Heart;May2010, Vol. 96 Issue 10, p773
Objective Endothelial dysfunction is associated with arterial stiffness in large arteries. The purpose of this study was to investigate the association between coronary endothelial dysfunction, coronary artery compliance and wall shear stress in patients with early atherosclerosis. Methods...
- Pharmacological studies on the inhibitory action of melatonin and putative melatonin analogues on porcine vascular smooth muscle. Ting, N.; Thambyraja, A.; Sugden, D.; Scalbert, E.; Delagrange, P.; Wilson, V.G. // Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Archives of Pharmacology;Mar2000, Vol. 361 Issue 3, p327
The effect of high concentrations of melatonin, and related indole-based and naphthalene-based derivatives, has been examined in the porcine coronary artery, pulmonary artery and the marginal artery of the colon. In addition, we have pharmacologically examined the role of cyclic GMP in the...
- New methods of making blocked coronary arteries patent again. Corr, Laura // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/3/94, Vol. 309 Issue 6954, p579
Discusses different procedures for clearing blocked coronary arteries. Simpson Coronary AtheroCath; Transluminal extraction catheter; Devices that ablate the plaque in situ. INSETS: Technical problems with balloon angioplasty;Modes of action of laser energy.
- intracoronary. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1223
A definition of the term "intracoronary" which means within the coronary arteries is presented.
- pneumatocardia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1810
A definition of the medical term "pneumatocardia," which refers to air or gas in the heart chambers, is presented.
- 381 In vivo validation of velocity profiles in coronary arteries- the shape factor is a variable. Matthews, F.; Aschkenasy, S.; Roffi, M.; Kaufmann, P.; Namdar, M.; Oechslin, E.; Jenni, R. // European Journal of Echocardiography;2003, Vol. 4 Issue suppl_1, pS45
An abstract of the article "In vivo validation of velocity profiles in coronary arteries-the shape factor is a variable" by F. Matthews, M. Namdar and S. Aschkenasy is presented.
- Coronary artery anomaly: what does not fit the patient or the interpretation? Andreou, A. Y. // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;Jun2014 Supplement, Vol. 18, p1682
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Left Descending Coronary Artery Arising From Anomalous Distal Circumflex Coronary Artery: A Previously Unreported Coronary Artery Anomaly," by Z. Stajic, R. Romanovic and B. Lazovic in the 2013 issue.