- The surgical anatomy of the deep femoral artery. Colborn, Gene L.; Mattar, Samer G. // American Surgeon;Apr1995, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p336
Gives a detailed account of the embryology, anatomical relations, important variations and branches of the deep femoral artery. Development of the thigh vasculature; Surgical anatomy of the deep femoral artery; Branches; Arterial supply of thigh musculature; Deep femoral vein; Surgical exposure...
- Ultrasound-guided thrombin injection of femoral artery pseudoaneurysms. Etemad-Rezai, Roya; Peck, David J. // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Apr2003, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p118
Objective: To evaluate whether the positive initial results for ultrasound-guided percutaneous thrombin injection of pseudoaneurysms, reported predominantly in small retrospective series, would be supported in a larger prospective trial. Methods: In April 1999, our institution adopted...
- Pseudoaneurysms of the femoral artery: recommendation for a method of repair. Sharma, N.K.; Chin, K.F.; Modgill, V.K. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Aug2001, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p1
Purpose: Formation of an anastomotic aneurysm in the femoral artery is one of the major complications after femoral artery surgery. The aim of this study was to assess the method of repair of femoral anastomotic aneurysms and their outcome in a District General Hospital. Methods: A...
- Optimistic Results Seen with Femoral-Artery Vein Grafts. // Kidney;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p260
Presents an abstract of the study 'Optimistic Results Seen with Femoral-Artery Vein Grafts,' by A. Korzets et al published in 1998.
- Femoral Steal Syndrome: A Follow-Up Study. Tominaga, Shiro; Yamaguchi, Koichi; Suzuki, Toshimi; Nakamura, Takashi // Angiology;May1974, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p357
Presents a letter to the editor about femoral steal syndrome.
- A response to the letter to the editor by M Cimen et al., about the article “Anatomical variants of the lateral femoral circumflex artery: an angiographic study” by Fukuda H., Ashida M., Ishii R., Abe S., Ibukuro K., Surg Radiol Anat... Fukuda, Hozumi // Surgical & Radiologic Anatomy;Apr2007, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p275
A response to a letter to the editor by M. Cimen and his associates about the article "Anatomical Variants of the Lateral Femoral Circumflex Artery: An Angiographic Study," by Hozumi Fukuda and associates in a 2005 issue is presented.
- “Anatomical variants of the lateral femoral circumflex artery: an angiographic study” by Fukuda H, Ashida M, Ishii R, Abe S, Ibukuro K, Surg Radiol Anat (2005) 27:260—264. Çimen, Mehmet; Erdil, F. Hayat; Sabancýoðullarý, Vedat; Kobar, M. Ýlkay // Surgical & Radiologic Anatomy;Apr2007, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p273
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Anatomical Variants of the Lateral Femoral Circumflex Artery: An Angiographic Study," by Hozumi Fukuda and his associates in a 2005 issue.
- Anatomical Variations of the Profunda Femoris Artery and Its Branches-A Cadaveric Study in South Indian Population. Manjappa, T.; Prasanna, L. // Indian Journal of Surgery;Aug2014, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p288
The variations of the profunda and its branches are numerous, and, to a considerable extent, largely associated with one another. In occlusion of the Superficial femoral artery, the profunda femoris artery forms an effective collateral bed between the ileo-femoral segment and the popliteal...
- Experimental study of the effect of external counterpulsation on blood circulation in the lower extremities. Cai, Dawei; Wu, Ruiliang; Shao, Ying // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug2000, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p239
A bidirectional ultrasonic Doppler flowmeter with direct single sideband separation was used to measure blood flow in the femoral and dorsalis pedis arteries of 18 normal volunteers. Changes in blood-flow velocity and volume during external counterpulsation (ECP) with various sustaining times...