AORTIC LEAFLET REPLACEMENT USING A STAPLING DEVICE
- MEETINGS & COURSES. // Cardiology Today;Apr2014, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p57
A calendar of events for the cardiology community is presented including the International Society of Heart & Lung Transplantation, the Heart Rhythm Society Scientific Sessions and EuroPRevent.
- Embolization with Histoacryl Glue of an Anastomotic Pseudoaneurysm following Surgical Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Walid, Ayesha; Haq, Tanveer Ul; Sayani, Raza; Rehman, Zia Ur // Case Reports in Vascular Medicine;2013, p1
We report a 62-year-old female who had surgical repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm with a bifurcated graft 2 years ago. She presented with a distal anastomotic pseudoaneurysm which was successfully embolized with histoacryl glue. Only one such similar case has been reported in the literature so...
- In-vitro study on the relationship between progressive sinotubular junction dilatation and aortic regurgitation for several stentless aortic valve substitutes Nötzold, Axel; Scharfschwerdt, Michael; Thiede, Lisa; Hüppe, Michael; Sievers, Hans-Hinrich // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Jan2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p90
Abstract: Objective: Stentless aortic valves are widely used due to their excellent hemodynamic properties. However, if the subcoronary implantation technique is used later dilatation of the sinotubular junction (STJ) can cause regurgitation. The aim of the study was to determine the dilatation...
- STAMPS IN CARDIOLOGY: Cardiac transplantation. Davies, M. K.; Hollman, A. // Heart;Apr2006, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p444
The article reports on the release of stamps depicting organ transplantation related to cardiology. Brazil has issued two stamps in the year 2000, which focus on cardiac transplantation and on multiple organ donation including heart, lungs, liver and kidneys. Kuwait on the other hand, issued two...
- Modified technique for recovering aortoiliac homografts. Tamazashvili, Tamaz; Yushkov, Yuriy Y.; Roca, Michael // Progress in Transplantation;Sep2008, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p162
Background -- Infection of the prosthetic aortic graft bypass remains one of the most serious complications of aortoiliac bypass grafts. Use of an aortoiliac allograft as a replacement for an infected prosthetic graft is an effective treatment for this problem. However, the availability of...
- THE CONSTRUCTION OF FRESH AUTOGENOUS ARTERIAL GRAFTS II. One Year Survival Studies on Splenic Artery Fabricated Grafts in the Aorta. Hurwitt, Elliott S.; Kantrowitz, Adrian // Angiology;Dec1952, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p543
Focuses on the problem and the technical method for constructing fresh autogenous arterial tubular grafts, of any required diameter, from any segments of the splenic artery. Factor affecting the use of preserved aortic homografts; Success of the preserved aortic homografts used in bridging...
- Enteric Fistulous Communication with an Aortobifemoral Graft Permitting for Eggerthella Lenta Colonization. Jehangir, Waqas; Sanabria, Federico; Singh, Zorawar; Enakuaa, Souad; Bedran, Kebir Hammed; Raoof, Nazar; Yousif, Abdalla // Journal of Global Infectious Diseases;Oct-Dec2015, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p170
The presence of an aortoenteric fistula following aortobifemoral graft repair of an abdominal aortic aneurysm is associated with a high probability of infection leading to clinically significant bacteremia. We report a case of an aortoenteric fistula that developed two years after initial aortic...
- Pacemakers help canines live heart-healthy. Beuoy, Chris // Dog World;Jun97, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p98
Focuses on the use of pacemakers in veterinary cardiology in the United States. Equipment and supplies; Abnormalities in dogs that can be treated with pacemakers; Cost of the procedure; Conditions and outcomes of pacemaker surgery.
- Borders Veterinary Cardiology inv est in first Vivid-q. // Veterinary Ireland Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p418
The article focuses on veterinarian Craig Devine from Borders Veterinary School in Great Britain who is the first to use the Vivid-q ultrasound scanner from BCF Technology and one of only a handful that holds a degree in Veterinary Cardiology.