ELECTRON MICROSCOPIC STUDIES ON THE MORPHOGENESIS OF FIBRINOID DEGENERATION IN THE MESENTERIC ARTERIES OF HYPERTENSIVE RATS
- Fibrinogen plasma concentration is an independent marker of haemodynamic impairment in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Hennigs, Jan K.; Baumann, Hans Jörg; Lüneburg, Nicole; Quast, Gesine; Harbaum, Lars; Heyckendorf, Jan; Sydow, Karsten; Schulte-Hubbert, Bernhard; Halank, Michael; Klose, Hans // Scientific Reports;5/2/2014, p1
Fibrinogen has a crucial role in both inflammation and coagulation, two processes pivotal for the pathogenesis of pulmonary hypertension. We therefore aimed to investigate whether fibrinogen plasma concentrations a) are elevated in pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) and chronic thromboembolic...
- Plasma Thrombomodulin, Fibrinogen, and Activity of Tissue Factor as Risk Factors for Acute Cerebral Infarction. Xiaoping Zhang; Yu Hu; Mei Hong; Tao Guo; Wenning Wei; Shanjun Song // American Journal of Clinical Pathology;Aug2007, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p287
Several studies have indicated association between hematologic markers and increased risks of cerebrovascular disease, but few reports referred to their roles together. We studied plasma levels of 16 hematologic markers in 50 cases diagnosed as acute cerebral infarction (ACI) and 54 hospital...
- Hyperfibrinogenemia and Hyperviscous Plasma in Hypertensive Africans. Reid, H. L.; Ojogwu, L. I. // Angiology;Oct1992, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p826
Changes in plasma fibrinogen concentrations (PFC) and relative plasma viscosity (RPV) were investigated in 61 Nigerian Africans white they were being treated for essential hypertension. The association of these hemorheologic variables with blood pressure was examined. An analogous study was done...
- PREHYPERTENSION AND THE EMPEROR'S NEW INVISIBLE SUIT. // Health & Stress;2003, Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the disease category called prehypertension. Sodium restriction; White coat hypertension; Angiotension converting enzyme inhibitor; Suggestions on how to prevent prehypertension.
- Is JNC-7 Dï¿½jï¿½ Vu All Over Again? // Health & Stress;2003, Issue 7, p7
Comments on the documentation and promulgation of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC-7) guidelines in the U.S. Requirement for all Federal rules, including guidelines that affect the public, to be written and promulgated...
- Summary of the sixth report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation,... Kolasa, Kathryn M. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p114
Presents a summary of the sixth report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC VI). Prevention and treatment of high blood pressure; Updated treatment strategies for high blood pressure; Role of specific nutrients and diet...
- Systolic Blood Pressure Elevation: It's Where the Action Is. Basile, Jan N. // Drugs & Aging;2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p287
Examines on the role of systolic blood pressure elevation in predicting people's risk in cardiovascular disease. Proportion between cardiovascular disease and blood pressure control; Focus of blood pressure research on diastolic blood pressure elevations; Benefits from the treatment of systolic...
- Hearing Hoof Beats: The Latest on the Sometimes it's PH Campaign. Brown, Lynn // Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension;Summer2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p102
The article reports on some of the challenges in diagnosing pulmonary hypertension (PH).
- GUEST EDITOR'S MEMO. Burger, Charles D.; Forfia, Paul R. // Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension;Summer2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p50
The authors comment on the challenges faced by patients with pulmonary hypertension (PH).