CYCLANDELATE (CYCLOSPASMOL) IN THE TREATMENT OF PERIPHERAL CIRCULATORY DISEASES
- Specific Calcium Antagonists in the Treatment of Peripheral Vascular Disease. Emmanuel, M.B. // Angiology;Jul1979, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p454
The antivasoconstrictor activity of the drugs cinnarizine and flunarizine is considered in relation to their inhibitory action on calcium ion flux mechanisms. Their clinical efficacy in peripheral vascular disease is reviewed, and the possible mode of action of the two drugs is discussed in...
- What is the best test for peripheral vascular disease? Hull, Sharon K.; Kishman Jr., Charles R. // Journal of Family Practice;Jun2008, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p403
The article reports on the study conducted to assess the best possible treatment of peripheral vascular disease (PVD) of patients in the U.S. Researchers found that PVD is a progressive atheroscletoric narrowing of arteries in the extremities and it prevailed as the person's age increases....
- THE TREATMENT OF PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISEASES WITH CYCLOSPASMOL. Van Wijk, Theo W. // Angiology;Apr1953, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p103
1.A new vasodilator drug, Cyclospasmol or the mandelic acid ester of 3,5,5-trimethylcyclohexanol, proves to be a valuable asset in the treatment of peripheral vascular diseases. 2. During a period of 12-18 months, 50 patients were treated with this drug, so that a provisional opinion may be...
- Percutaneous Interventions for Lower Extremity Peripheral Vascular Disease. De Sanctis, Julia Tucker // American Family Physician;12/15/2001, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p1965
Peripheral vascular disease of the lower extremities is an important cause of morbidity that affects up to 10 million people in the United States. The primary care physician can easily identify patients who are at risk for the disease with a questionnaire and a relatively simple test--the ankle...
- CLINICAL ABSTRACTS: vascular disease. // Modern Medicine;Feb99, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p36
Presents several abstracts on vascular disease. `Vessel Size and Long-Term Outcome after Coronary Stent Placement,' by S. Elezi, A. Kastrati, F-J Neumann et al.; `Treating to Meet NCEP-Recommended LDL Cholesterol Concentrations with Atorvastatin, Fluvastatin, Lovastati, or Simvastatin in...
- Don't take leg pain lying down. // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar2000, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p230
Provides information on causes, symptoms and treatment for peripheral vascular disease (PVD). Blocking of leg arteries by cholesterol or calcium; Doctors' recommendation for patients to stop smoking and watch their diets; Lowering of cholesterol and blood pressure; Test to diagnose PVD.
- peripheral arterial disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1752
An encyclopedia entry for "peripheral arterial disease," is presented.
- peripheral vascular disease. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1752
An encyclopedia entry for "peripheral vascular disease," is presented.
- Prevalence and Risk Factors of Peripheral Vascular Disease in a Selected South Indian Population. Premalatha, Gopal; Shanthirani, Subramaniam; Deepa, Raj; Markovitz, Jerome; Moran, Viswanathan // Diabetes Care;Sep2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1295
Presents information on a study which determined the prevalence and risk factors of peripheral vascular disease among South Indians. Research design and methods; Results; Conclusions.