Diverse Clinical Manifestations of Pheochromocytomas
- New Test for Congestive Heart Failure. // Medical Update;Jul2002, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p5
Provides information on a 15-minute test which detects the presence of congestive heart failure.
- Investigation of collapse in small animals. Patteson, Mark // Companion Animal (2053-0889);2014, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p500
This article reviews the ways to distinguish syncope from other forms of collapse, discusses the potential causes of syncope and describes appropriate diagnostic techniques. While the different diseases that can cause syncope are well documented, data on relative prevalence and frequency of...
- Good Training and Good Luck. Williams, C. Basil // Cortlandt Forum;11/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p61
Discusses the medical case of a 60-year-old man who has a mild congestive heart failure. Symptoms; Digitalis and insulin treatment; Diagnosis of hemochromatosis.
- Advances in CHF treatment: From clinical trial to the community. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;3/15/1999, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p23
Relates the results of a study conducted suggesting that advances in the treatment of congestive heart failure derived from clinical trials have not translated into gains among patients in the community. Low dosage of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors given community patients; Evidence...
- Why should I care about heart failure? Crutchfield III, Charles E.; Colvin-Adams, Monica // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;6/13/2013, Vol. 79 Issue 46, p1
The article provides questions and answers related to heart failure including the definition of congestive heart failure, heart failure causes, and heart failure diagnoses.
- Characteristics of sudden death in hemodialysis patients. Bleyer, A. J.; Hartman, J.; Brannon, P. C.; Reeves-Daniel, A.; Satko, S. G.; Russell, G. // Kidney International;Jun2006, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p2268
Hemodialysis (HD) is an intermittent procedure during which large fluid and electrolyte shifts occur. We hypothesized that sudden death occurrences in HD patients are related to the timing of HD, and that they occur more frequently in the 12 h period starting with dialysis and in the 12 h period...
- 535 Heart rate variability response to rapid transition from supine to standing position predicts sudden death in patients with moderate to severe congestive heart failure. Smetanina, I.N.; Yavelov, I.S.; Abramkin, D.V.; Gratsiansky, N.A. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2004, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p112
An abstract of the study "Heart Rate Variability Response to Rapid Transition From Supine to Standing Position Predicts Sudden Death in Patients With Moderate to Severe Congestive Heart Failure," by I. N. Smetanina and I. S. Yavelov, is presented.
- Clinical Trials in Congestive Heart Failure: Why Do Studies Report Conflicting Results? Packer, Milton // Annals of Internal Medicine;7/1/88, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p3
Editorial. Comments on the contribution of diagnostic heterogeneity in giving discordant results of clinical trials conducted for the treatment of congestive heart failures. Influence of different criterias used for judging the efficacy of drugs on the results; Impact of different publication...
- Diagnostic Heterogeneity in Clinical Trials for Congestive Heart Failure. Marantz, Paul R.; Alderman, Michael H.; Tobin, Jonathan N. // Annals of Internal Medicine;7/1/88, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p55
Studies the pattern of randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trials of congestive heart failure. Definition of congestive heart failure; Problems while diagnosing a chronic illness; Analysis of clinical severity of congestive heart failure.