A Simple Technique for Measuring Arterial Blood Pressures in Conscious Human Subjects
- ABC of hypertension: Blood pressure measurement. Beevers, Gareth; Lip, Gregory Y. H.; O'Brien., Eoin // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/21/2001, Vol. 322 Issue 7292, p981
Addresses the frequent measurement of blood pressure as a means to prevent hypertension. Details of various methods used to measure blood pressure; Factors affecting blood pressure measurement; Suggestions on how to procure an accurate measurement.
- Blood pressure measuring devices: recommendations of the European Society of Hypertension. O'Brien, Eoin; Waeber, Bernard; Parati, Gianfranco; Staessen,, Jan; Myers, Martin G // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/03/2001, Vol. 322 Issue 7285, p531
Discusses the market for blood pressure measuring devices. Demand by the public for means to self-measure blood pressure; How two manual sphygmomanometers have been validated, while one is recommended; Recommendations for devices for self-measurement.
- Measuring blood pressure. Minhas, Rubin // Pulse;9/9/2009, Vol. 69 Issue 28, p21
The article offers tips on how to monitor blood pressure (BP) accurately. It suggests making sure that all sphygmomanometers are regularly calibrated and automated devices that measure BP at the wrist have been clinically validated. It is essential for every consulting room to have both regular...
- ABC of hypertension: Blood pressure measurement. Beevers, Gareth; Lip, Gregory Y. H.; O'Brien., Eoin // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/28/2001, Vol. 322 Issue 7293, p1043
Presents a clinical review of blood pressure measurement. Use of the conventional sphygmomanometry technique of auscultatory blood measurement; History of various techniques; Recommendations for observer training.
- How to measure blood pressure manually. Rushton, Melanie; Smith, Joyce // Nursing Standard;1/20/2016, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p36
The article offers step-by-step instructions for manual assessment of blood pressure.
- An Internet-based blood pressure monitoring system for patients. Aris, Ishak Bin; Wagie, A. A. E.; Mariun, Norman Bin; Jammal, A. B. E. // Journal of Telemedicine & Telecare;Feb2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p51
We developed a personal blood pressure monitoring system for patients with hypertension or hypotension. The system can be used to measure a patient's blood pressure at home and to transmit the data automatically to a hospital database via the Internet. The accuracy of blood pressure readings...
- Automated Blood Pressure Determination During Exercise Test. Clinical Evaluation of a New Automated Device. Modesti, Pietro Amedeo; Carrabba, Nazario; Gensini, Gian Franco; Bonechi, Francesco; Taddei, Tamara; Malfanti, Pier Luigi // Angiology;Dec1992, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p980
The accuracy and reproducibility of a new automatic device (P) specially designed for noninvasive blood pressure monitoring during the exercise stress test were evaluated in 50 consecutive subjects (34 normotensives and 16 hypertensives). Automatic measurements were compared with those taken by...
- Ambulatory Blood-Pressure Monitoring in Clinical Practice. White, William B. // New England Journal of Medicine;6/12/2003, Vol. 348 Issue 24, p2377
Discusses the accuracy of a blood pressure measurement taken in a clinical setting with a sphygmomanometer cuff and that of ambulatory blood-pressure monitoring, which provides automated measurements over a 24-hour period. Reference to a study by Clement and colleagues in this issue show that...
- TREATING BP TO TARGET. // Pulse;11/7/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 40, p50
The article offers tips in measuring blood pressure (BP). A nurse or health care assistant should give the patients two measurements with one minute apart to give an average reading. Patient must be instructed to measure their BP 12 times within 48 hours at home to consider their individual...