- At Deadline. // Waste News;01/17/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p1
Announces the appointment of former Browning-Ferris Industries Inc. lobbyist Jeffrey Southard as assistant commissioner for environmental transportation planning and regulatory affairs for the Virginia Department of Transportation.
- Charles Kilpatrick Named New Virginia DOT Commissioner. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;1/31/2014, p5
The article announces the appointment of Charles A. Kilpatrick as commissioner of the Virginia Department of Transportation.
- Virginia Governor Appoints Ekern To Head Transportation Department. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32463, p5
The article reports on the selection of Idaho's transportation official David S. Ekern as the new head of the Department of Transportation in Virginia. Ekern has been working with the state transportation planning and related activities since 1971 with the Minnesota Department of Transportation...
- Virginia Gov-Elect Retains Transportation Boss. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32293, p3
The article reports that Virginia Governor-elect Tim Kaine has retained Pierce R. Homer on his position as the secretary of the Department of Transportation. Kaine said that Pierce has made a solid record of leadership in improving the state's transportation system in only nine months as...
- Managers Report Improvements in Their Relationships with Council. // Public Management (00333611);Jul2003, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p4
Presents the results of a survey on public management. Improvement in managers and administrators' relationship with their councils or governing boards; Average tenure for managers and administrators; Health coverage for local government employees.
- LETTER FROM THE EDITOR IN CHIEF. Paquet, Gilles // Optimum Online;Jun2007, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses various reports related to improving public management that were published within the issue, including one by Ruth Hubbard and Gilles Paquet, who probe a number of difficult issues confronting public servants these days.
- Storm flags in California. Gooddard, Ben // Hill;10/22/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 123, p25
In this article the author discusses the relevance of the findings of the study regarding voters' satisfaction on the performance of California public officials.
- From the executive director. Hamilton, Mary R. // PA Times;Jan2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p14
Presents the American Society for Public Administration Executive Director's wishes for public administrators. Rediscovery of passion to seek the common good; Celebration of diversity and interdependence; Enhancement of the cause of democracy.
- MY SHARE OF NASTY. KENDALL, BERT // Public Management (00333611);Jul2014, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p20
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Coping with Nasty" by Mike Conduff in the March 2014 issue.