TBMA Tells Congress to Leave OTC Derivatives Unregulated
- Climate Bill Could Limit CDS Trading. Flitter, Emily // American Banker;6/30/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 124, p3
The article reports that legislation passed by the U.S. House of Representatives concerning climate change also contains a provision that would ban trading in credit-default swaps by those who do not own the swaps' underlying securities. Separately, the measure would void all of its laws...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p27
Presents a chart and graphs depicting the market performance of derivatives and structured products in the U.S. Decrease of the Municipal Swap Index; Rates of index-linked muni swaps; Comparison of swap rates and bond yields.
- Hot ticket: Emerging markets derivatives. Hamburg, Jill; Smith, Michael // American Banker;8/22/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 161, p18
Reports on the growing preference of derivatives traders for emerging markets transactions as a profitable alternative to common swaps. Bank charges for common swaps and derivatives instruments; Basic types of emerging-markets derivatives; Emerging-markets derivatives businesses of major United...
- Derivatives & structured products. // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p32
Presents a chart and graphs on swaps and derivative securities in the United States. Municipal swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Swap rates and bond yields.
- Connecticut agency's single-family swap is `capstone' to mortgage effort. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;05/26/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30400, p35
Reports on developments concerning derivative securities and structured products in the United States as of May 26, 1998. Includes Connecticut Housing Finance Authority's entry into a tax-exempt swap associated with single-family mortgages; Broward County, Florida's entry into the swap markets...
- Law panel recommends caution when entering into contracts with municipalities. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;11/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30526, p32
Focuses on derivatives attorneys at a Practising Law Institute's `Swaps and Other Derivatives in 1998' conference in New York's call for their fellow counsel to be cautious in their dealings with municipalities. Failure of bankruptcy legislation that would have clarified default responsibility...
- Swaps -- a new instrument for treasurers. Freyne, Aidan // Accountancy;Oct85, Vol. 96 Issue 1106, p162
Discusses swap financing which was developed in response to the need for managing the unacceptable contingent risk caused by volatile interest and exchange rates. Principal uses of swaps; Hedging against currency exposure; Mechanics of a swap.
- OTC Derivatives Market is Just Shifting. Plansky, John; Regelman, Roman; Lyman, Chuck; Vaed, Kunal // American Banker;11/17/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 177, p8
The article presents the author's views on the over-the-counter derivatives market, the purpose of the U.S. Dodd-Frank Act, and rules concerning swaps and collateral management.
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;5/1/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32619, p37
Several charts are presented showing the derivatives and structured products in the U.S. including the Bond Market Association (BMA) municipal bond swap index, the index-linked municipal swaps and a comparison of swap rates and bond yields.