Sturgis, Mich., Bonds Cut to BB by S&P
- Pure Water AAA. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/19/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32052, p31
Reports on Standard & Poor's increase of its credit rating for the Ohio Water Development Authority's pure water program bonds. Reasons cited by Standard & Poor's for the increase in the agency's credit rating.
- NEVADA: Moody's Boosts Clark Water. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/19/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32737, p9
The article reports on the ratings assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the $32.2 million limited-tax general obligation (GO) of Clark Count Water Reclamation District in Nevada. The rating agency upgraded its bond rating to Aa2 from Aa3, as well as the planned issuance of $55 million...
- New York City Debt Outlook Gets Lowered. McKaig, Ryan; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p1
Focuses on the rating awarded by U.S. rating agencies to New York City's general obligation bonds. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the ratings; Rating awarded by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's Corp. to the bonds.
- Omaha's Triple-A Affirmed by Moody's, S&P Before Deal. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p4
Reports the affirmation of Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service rating agencies for the general obligation bond issue of Omaha in Chicago, Illinois. Components of Omaha issue; Role of Bear, Sterns & Co. and Kirkpatrick Pettis for the obligation bonds; Date of approval for the...
- Rating Films Downgrade More Debt. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31182, p1
Reports on the downgrading of municipal debt by the rating firms in the United States. Agencies which downgrade the bonds; Increase of the number states and local municipalities which experienced fiscal pressure; Factors affecting the decision of the agencies to downgrade the debt.
- Troubled Waterbury, Conn., Gets Investment-Grade Rank from Moody's. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;05/09/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31135, p5
Reports on the improvement of the bond ratings in Waterbury, Connecticut. Inclusion of the ratings from different rating firms; Advantages of the tax-intercept program; Imposition of the seven-member board to control the city's finances and operations.
- Low ratings on Nassau tobacco debt show range of agencies' opinions. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/12/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30767, p48
Focuses on the difference in the approaches of the rating agencies to tobacco settlement bonds in the United States. Moody's Investors Service's ratings on the Nassau County, New York's settlement securitization; Rating agencies' assessments of the tobacco bonds issued by New York City.
- Research digest. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;12/17/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30542, p6
Presents rating agencies' analysis of the performance of city and county bonds in the United States as of December 17, 1998. Moody's Investors Service's rating for the Miami International Airport's capital program; Standard & Poor's rating for the general obligation debt of Sullivan County, New...
- Rating changes. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;12/28/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30547, p17
Presents information on bond rating changes in the United States. Issuers; Type of bonds; Dollar amount of bonds outstanding in the issue; Rating agencies.