Texas Official Urges Agency Resignations
- CTRMA Begs to Differ. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p27
Reports on the rebuttal of the officials from the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority to a March 9 report by Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn that called for the resignation of two authority board members. Absence of conflict of interest that would require their resignation;...
- Lawmakers in Charge. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31677, p33
Discusses the views of Carol Keeton Strayhorn, State Comptroller of Texas about the expenditure of a $700 million funds. Composition of the funds; Power given to officials of the state regarding the usage of the money.
- Strayhorn: Fee Hikes, Taxes Will Burden Texans. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31708, p4
Focuses on the increase in fees and taxes by the legislature in Texas to balance the state budget. Overview of the opinion of Carole Keeton Strayhorn, Comptroller of Texas on the issue; Assessment of the increased tax burden on business community and public school employees.
- Texas Comptroller Makes History, Rejects Budget Proposal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p4
Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn on June 19, 2003 refused to certify a $117.4 billion budget proposal for the 2004-2005 biennium, telling lawmakers to fix a $185.9 million gap between revenues and expenditures by the end of the current fiscal year on August 31, 2003. This is the first...
- The Lone Comptroller. Gurwitt, Rob // Governing;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p68
Features Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn. Career background; Information on her campaign slogan; Criticism on her policy and decisions.
- High noon at Connecticut. // Accountancy;Oct96, Vol. 118 Issue 1238, p18
The article provides information on the planned resignation of Denny Beresford, chairman of the U.S. Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), which will take effect on June 1997. The decision has something to do with the conflict between Beresford, FASB and the International Accounting...
- Capitol Highlight. Sterling, Ed // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);8/3/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p2
The article reports that Texas gubernatorial candidate Carole Keeton Strayhorn has discontinued her legal efforts to have Grandma included as part of her name on the November 7, 2006 election ballot. Strayhorn filed an appeal after State Secretary Roger Williams rejected her request to include...
- Sales Tax Collections Continue to Rise. Ellis, Dick // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);11/15/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p8
The article reports on the increase in sales tax collections in Texas. The state government announced that the state collected $1.6 billion in sales tax revenue in October 2006, up 17.3 percent compared to the previous year. In this regard, Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn sent $505.3...
- City sales tax rebates post healthy gain. // East Bernard Express (TX);11/2/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 45, p1
The article offers information on the increase in the sales tax receipts of Texas. The sales tax receipts of East Bernard rose by 8.61 percent for November 2006. Compared to October 2006's tax receipts, total receipts in November 2006 increased. Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn said...