Kentucky Debt Coming
- North Carolina Bill Would Restore Funds to Local Governments. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31462, p3
Reports the restoration of the funds to local governments through the North Carolina bill. Provision of utility franchise tax payments; List of names of primary sponsors; Problems faced by the local governments on bond ratings; Speculation on the ways to recover utility tax payments.
- Florida County Sells $55.6M to Fund Daytona Beach Convention Center. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p28
Reports on the decision to sell tourist-tax revenue bonds to finance the expansion of the convention center in Volusia County, Florida. Maturity of the bond; Ability of the county to lower its debt service; Rating assigned to the bonds by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Interest rate of the bond.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;1/21/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31804, p27
Reports developments related to bonds in the Midwest. Approval of a bill on early-retirement program in Chicago; Rating on the bonds of the University of Illinois Health Services Facilities Systems; Release of the consensus revenue estimate in Michigan.
- North Texas Tollway Authority Gets Ready to Ring in New Fiscal Year. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31043, p3
Focuses on the budget of the North Texas Tollway Authority. Allocation of the amount for debt service; Information on the rating of the bonds; Election for the chairman of the Board of Directors.
- S&P Affirms CHA, But Watches Cuts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p1
Reports on the concern of Standard and Poor's over the future stability of the Chicago Housing Authority's pioneering bond sale in Illinois. Decline in the federal government's annual capital appropriations for the grants leveraged in the deal; Stability of the debt service coverage levels; Sael...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p37
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of September 2004. Improvement of the rating for general obligation bonds; Approval of the board of Nassau Health Care Corp. to refinance the debt issued in 1999 deal; Sale of variable-rate demand bonds by Temple University Health System.
- Missouri City's Ralings Sour After Refusal to Appropriate. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;9/26/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33588, p1
The article reports that the city of Moberly in Missouri has lost its investment-grade rating. It is attributed to the city's failure in making good on its appropriation pledge of revenue bonds. It triggers a default in the city's financing agreement tied to the bonds. It also leads the trustee...
- Clark County, Nev., Refinancing Airport Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/20/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32840, p1
The article reports on the airport financial system carried out by Clark County, Nevada. According to the author, the financial system feature a refinancing design that addresses the books of variable-rate debt afflicted by the persistent subprime mortgage crisis which affected outstanding swap...
- S&P Raises Its Outlook on Williams College to Positive. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32340, p31
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s raising of its outlook on Williams College's AA-plus rated debt to positive from stable. The college is planning two refundings for a total of about 72 million dollars. The refundings will be sold through Massachusetts Health and Educational...