- Coil embolization of a ruptured anterior communicating aneurysm in Takayasu's arteritis. Maramattom, Boby Varkey // Neurology India;Jan2010, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p137
The article focuses on the challenges in the management of cerebral aneurysms in patients with Takayasu's Arteritis (TA) with the use of coil embolization in India. A man diagnose with TA went through the digital subtraction angiography wherein the microcatheter and microwire were navigated...
- Course of stroke in internal carotid artery dissection is unpredictable. // Modern Medicine;Aug95, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p45
Presents an abstract of the study titled `Time course of symptoms in extracranial carotid artery dissectors: A series of 80 patients,' by V. Biousse, J. D'Anglejan-Chatillon, et al, published in the February 1995 issue of `Stroke'.
- Is routine carotid screening for coronary surgery needed? Walker, William A.; Harvey, William R. // American Surgeon;Apr1996, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p308
Investigates the hypothesis that clinical criteria alone can be used for deciding when preoperative carotid artery screening is needed. Link between carotid and coronary artery disease; Symptoms; Risk factors including history of ischemic attack or stroke.
- Carotid atherosclerosis and `dizzy turns'. White, A. D.; Shah, I. U. // Age & Ageing;Jan1994, Vol. 23 Issue 1, British Geriatrics... pP14
Analyzes the relationship between carotid atherosclerosis and `dizzy turns.' Frequency of `dizzy turns'; Characterization of extracranial atheroma in the internal carotid arteries of patients presenting with stroke symptoms; Relationship between non-specific syncope and stenosis;...
- Screen once, not annually, for asymptomatic carotid disease. // Modern Medicine;Apr97, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p59
Presents an abstract of the article `Cost-effectiveness of Screening for Asymptomatic Carotid Sclerotic Disease,' by C.P. Derdeyn and W.J. Powers, from the November 1996 issue of `Stroke.' Importance of risk reduction conferred by surgery; Impact of the prevalence of at least 60 percent...
- Predictors of carotid endarterectomy in middle-aged individuals. Forsblad, J.; Gottsäter, A.; Mätzsch, T.; Lindgärde, F. // Vascular Medicine;2001, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p81
The objective was to investigate which screening variables in a population study predicted carotid endarterectomy. Among 793 carotid endarterectomies performed at MalmÃ¶ University Hospital between 1991 and 1998, 85 patients (14 females) were identified that had participated in a population...
- When and How to Study the Carotid Arteries. Feussner, John R.; Matchar, David B. // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/15/88, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p805
Provides information on a study that appraised critically the clinical indications for diagnostic evaluation of carotid artery disease and the efficacy, safety, limitations and relative costs of commonly used noninvasive diagnostic tests. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the...
- Bilateral hypoplasia of the internal carotid artery. Bhat, Dhananjaya I.; Somanna, Sampath; Kovoor, Jerry M. E. // Indian Journal of Radiology & Imaging;Nov2011, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p257
Agenesis and hypoplasia of the internal carotid artery (ICA) are rare congenital anomalies, occurring in less than 0.01% of the population. We report a rare case of bilateral hypoplasia of the ICA in a patient with post-traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage. We describe the embryological development...
- The Authors' reply. Toutouzas, Konstantinos; Drakopoulou, Maria; Aggeli, Constantina; Nikolaou, Charalampia; Felekos, Ioannis; Grassos, Haralampos; Synetos, Andreas; Stathogiannis, Konstantinos; Karanasos, Antonis; Tsiamis, Eleftherios; Siores, Elias; Stefanadis, Christodoulos // Heart;Feb2014, Vol. 100 Issue 4, pe1
A letter to the author of the article "In vivo measurement of plaque neovascularisation and thermal heterogeneity in intermediate lesions of human carotid arteries" is presented which discusses the prognostic implications of carotid plaque thermal heterogeneity.